Santa Rosa, CA, USA
B & L Glass
Summary Description: The journeyman glazier is responsible for completing quality installations and repairs on residential and commercial job sites. Work includes fabrication and installation of storefronts, commercial doors/hardware, curtain walls, measuring, window units, mirrors, shower enclosures (framed and frameless), glass railings, etc.
$2,000 signing bonus (after 90 day period)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Quality Installations
- Read and interpret blueprints/construction drawings to determine the most suitable method of installation.
- Oversee apprentices as assigned to verify materials are installed in adherence to industry norms and which achieves a lasting finished product.
- Communicate with the general contractor and or super daily when arriving to site and at end of shift or day
- Cleaning the job area once glass has been installed and the client is satisfied.
- Follow and promote safety guidelines and safe working practices.
- Prepare daily for next day and weeks upcoming projects.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of company truck and equipment.
- Notify Project Manager/lead glazier of needed project materials and supplies
- Accurately measure jobs for providing quotes and/or ordering materials.
- Fabrication/Installation of a wide variety of glazing materials, for both Commercial & Residential
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to independently travel to various worksites, as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High attention to detail and quality work.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in residential or commercial glazing.
Education and/or Experience
- 3+ years of related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in the glazing trade
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess a valid California drivers’ license
- Proof of auto insurance and be insurable under agency policy if driving a company or personal vehicle.
- Pay will be decided based on experience
- $2,000 signing bonus (after 90 day probation period)
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Journeyman Glazier ]