At Genworth, we empower families to navigate the aging journey with confidence. We are compassionate, experienced allies for those navigating care with guidance, products, and services that meet families where they are. Further, we are the spouses, children, siblings, friends, and neighbors of those that need care—and we bring those experiences with us to work in serving our millions of policyholders each day.
We apply that same compassion and empathy as we work with each other and our local communities. Genworth values all perspectives, characteristics, and experiences so that employees can bring their full, authentic selves to work to help each other and our company succeed. We celebrate our diversity and understand that being intentional about inclusion is the only way to create a sense of belonging for all associates. We also invest in the vitality of our local communities through grants from the Genworth Foundation, event sponsorships, and employee volunteerism.
Our four values guide our strategy, our decisions, and our interactions:
- Make it human. We care about the people that make up our customers, colleagues, and communities.
- Make it about others. We do what’s best for our customers and collaborate to drive progress.
- Make it happen. We work with intention toward a common purpose and forge ways forward together.
- Make it better. We create fulfilling purpose-driven careers by learning from the world and each other.
Derivative investment plays a critical role within Genworth’s Investments management strategy. This role will serve as a technical expert for the derivatives portfolio management system. Partnering with the Derivatives team, the role will ensure the highest level of user and system experience. Leading continuous process improvements throughout the platform is essential.
What you will be doing
• Support for the Derivatives and Investments functions
• Work with Business teams to define requirements for proposed enhancements.
• Code and maintain system interfaces to handle the migration of Derivative and accounting information to ancillary systems.
• Implement solutions that enhance, streamline and automate the management of our Derivatives platform
• Manage the day-to-day operations and monitor process metrics
• Create and maintain a Derivatives support knowledge base that includes technical and process documentation
• Manage all Sarbanes-Oxley regulatory requirements and any audit requirements as needed
What you bring
• Responsive to business team and system issues
• Collaborative with business and IT teams, across separate locations
• Able to communicate clearly to management the status of issues and development progress
• Detail oriented project planning and execution of code deployments
• Some travel may be required (<10%) between Genworth’s Richmond and Stamford locations
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, finance or accounting related fields
• 2 years’ experience as an applications developer
• Demonstrated expertise in coding Java and Java Script with solid design patterns
• Demonstrated expertise in developing SQL code in Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server RDBMS
• Basic understanding of the mathematics of financial and/or derivatives modeling
• Experience translating functional business requirements to technical specifications
• Experience working in a matrix and distributed environments
These are optional, not mandatory. It would be helpful if you have:
• 2 years of experience developing complex Finance, Investments, Portfolio Management and/or Capital Markets systems
• Experience and working knowledge of Derivative systems such as OpenLink Findur/Endur, Murex, Calypso, or similar
• Experience and working knowledge of Data Warehouse principals
• Experience with derivatives accounting principles, practices, and methodologies
Employee Benefits & Well-Being
Genworth employees make a difference in people’s lives every day. We’re committed to making a difference in our employees’ lives.
- Competitive Compensation & Total Rewards Incentives
- Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage
- Multiple 401(k) Savings Plan Options
- Auto Enrollment in Employer-Directed Retirement Account Feature (100% employer-funded!)
- Generous Paid Time Off – Including 12 Paid Holidays, Volunteer Time Off and Paid Family Leave
- Disability, Life, and Long Term Care Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment and Training & Certification Support
- Wellness support including gym membership reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program resources (work/life support, financial & legal management)
- Caregiver and Mental Health Support Services
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Java Developer – Trading Platform (Remote) ]