Vadnais Heights, MN, USA
At HIPERFIRE, the Inventory Control Specialist has the primary responsibility of increasing and maintaining company profitability by maintaining accurate inventory levels; they also ensure that optimal inventory is present and ready for use. There is a lot of upward mobility within this organization and qualified candidates must demonstrate a highly motivated and driven attitude at all times. Proficiency and/or certification in logistics, business management, supply, or leadership courses are preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Inventory Control Specialist
– Develop and implement procedures for ensuring that adequate inventory levels are present.
– Identify and optimize common inventory items.
– Work with other teams including sales, shipping and purchasing.
– Ensure that inventory counts are completed regularly and in a timely manner.
– Audit the facility’s entire inventory on a regular basis and provides reports to management.
– Train other employees in cycle counting and inventory control.
– File claims with manufacturers or sellers when defective goods are found in the inventory.
– Instruct others on how and where to return defective goods.
– Keep a particular area for returned goods tidy and clean.
– Keep up with changing technologies such as computer software in order to remain valuable to his or her employer.
– Follow all existing company policies and procedures.
– Consistently evaluate current processes and look for ways to improve profitability through cost reduction or efficiency.
Additional Duties, may include but not limited to
– Answering phones and addressing customer service issues.
– Daily and/or weekly cleaning duties.
– Assist with testing procedures, quality control, and other development related tasks.
– Assist with other departments when needed.
– Travel and assistance with trade shows and events around the country at various times throughout the year.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Demonstrate the ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions and solve problems immediately.
– Show the ability to work well under pressure, such as when inventory deliveries or shipments become late or forgotten.
– Possess effective written and verbal communication skills; displays reading comprehension skills.
– Exhibit the ability to work well with others and maintain organization between cross-related departments.
– Display the ability to multitask and handle multiple issues at the same time without stress.
Compensation and Benefits
– $45,000/year salary, paid bi-monthly
– 2 weeks paid vacation per year
– PTO for working holiday or weekend trade shows and events
– No current health benefits but options will be available in the future
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Inventory Control Specialist ]