IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center, Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY, USA
Jones Lang LaSalle
- Supervise all work associated with Building Automation and Toxic sensor controls, setting priorities and ensuring requirements are met. Arrange for semi-annual toxic sensor system service and coordinate that visit’s activities.
- Acts as the liaison with systems experts to maintain and improve the functioning of controls systems at this location. Coordinates on-site controls maintenance activities by contractors. Coordinates purchasing of controls and parts.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance activities on existing controls equipment and components, including but not limited to those associated with: Building automation systems for control of air handlers, site critical alarms systems including Honeywell Midas Gas Detection, utility plant operations systems, water treatment system, DI water production system, site utility monitoring systems.
- Daily surveys SCADA screens for troubles or inefficient system operation, and implements repairs or changes. Identify, troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve controls related issues that were brought up as a result of Smarter Buildings system output or energy savings related recommendations.
- Coordinates efforts to identify, troubleshoot, analyze and resolve RESO building network systems.
- Ensures complete and accurate files of system changes are maintained.
- Develops controls-related preventive maintenance procedures and frequencies.
- Develops master file of Toxic & Flammable sensors information including collections of manuals, location drawings, spreadsheets with data.
- Instructs Operating Engineers and Mechanics in the controls and operation of the HVAC systems and provides expertise with troubleshooting of controls related problems.
- Ensures access, security and integrity of the operating systems are maintained. Provides documentation to support controls. Addresses vulnerability scan issues.
- Identify and recommend controls system improvement opportunities. Communicates as needed to monitor and provide input for engineering/construction projects that modify or add to the controls equipment systems.
- Communicate to appropriate laboratory or location staff to appraise of repair effort progress. Coordinate work with Siemens, Toxic & Flammable Contractors, and IBM technical staff. Work with Siemens to gain knowledge of all aspects of related controls and system.
- Respond to site calls after normal working hours by telephone consultation, and/or responding on-site, call-in additional technicians to address problems as needed.
- Ensures contractors and controls work comply with all IBM and JLL Corporation environmental and safety requirements and programs.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Prefer but not required at least three years’ experience with design, installation, or maintenance of HVAC controls systems or laboratory controls systems.
- Prefer but not required experience in supervisory roles relating to HVAC controls or laboratory controls systems
- Ability to develop an in depth, detailed knowledge and understanding of controls systems including BAS (building automation systems) and PLC (programmable logic controllers), pneumatic controls and the following types of controlled equipment: motors, pumps, valves, air handling units, VAV boxes, humidification and temperature controls, variable frequency drives, heat exchangers, chillers, boilers and air compressors.
- Prefer knowledge and practical experience with calibration of field instrumentation (e.g. chemical test gas concentration, pressure, temperature, flow and level).
- Prefer knowledge and practical experience with electronics (e.g. testing, troubleshooting and calibrating). General understanding of controls systems programming.
- Prefer experience with Windows software patches, computer and data processing skills.
- Prefer proficiency at reading electrical line diagrams and ladder logic diagrams.
- Prefer knowledge of specific control systems: Citect, Honeywell Midas Gas Detection, Modicon PLC, Scada interface, and Siemens HVAC controls.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, contractors, vendors and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively by computer and telephone.
- Ability to read and comprehend moderate to complex level instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write moderate level correspondence and technical procedures.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Instrument and Controls Supervisor ]