Fairfax, VA, USA
Based at our Lorton, VA facility, we seek a dedicated Electrical and Instrumentation Technician who is a skilled, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual with responsibilities that may include but are not limited to installation, troubleshooting, inspecting, calibrating, and maintaining electrical, instrumentation, and distributive control (DCS) and high pressure equipment throughout the facility safely and professionally.
This individual will have a strong electrical background in high power, including experience in instrument calibration, PLC, and DCS programming/troubleshooting.
In addition, the candidate must also possess the skills for the maintenance, repair, and operation of field controllers, instrumentation, motor control centers, and other power plant electrical equipment ranging from 24 VDC to 13.8kV.
To be considered for this position:
- Must have at least five years of experience as a Maintenance Electrician/ Instrumentation in a power plant or a similar field.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical systems
- Proficient with Ladder Logic and or Function Block for PLCs (Allen-Bradley SLC-500 and Control Logix)
- Must be able to read schematics and blueprints
- Knowledgeable of Bailey Infi / NET90 DCS
- Ability to Interpret and navigate P&ID’s
- Strong Troubleshooting abilities
- Experience repairing Crane electrical controls, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) is a plus
Licenses and Education:
- Must have a High School diploma/GED.
- Additional formal technical training or Military Electrical technical training is preferred
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Instrument and Control Technician – Power Plant (Fairfax, VA, USA) ]