Capital Communications, Inc.
Central Office Equipment Installer – Level 4
Capital Communications, Inc.
$18 – $28 an hour
- 2-4 years’ experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Dependable Transportation
- Read, understand and follow detailed job specifications
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone who has 2+ years in the field of telecommunications
- Someone who has telecom installation experience, preferably in Central Office
- Someone who has network infrastructure/cabling/technology comprehension
Full Job Description
We are seeking qualified, dependable (Level 4) Central Office Equipment installation personnel to preform services throughout the State of Michigan. Positions available for immediate hire.
Most project assignments are generally within a 70-mile radius of metropolitan areas. All Installations are performed within the Central Office environment.
A Level 4 Technician (L4 Tech) performs the addition and removal of Common Systems equipment on live and non-live networks.
The L4 Tech has proficient knowledge of DC power concepts and performs -48DC power work on live systems, without need of supervision.
Central Office Equipment Installer Responsibilities:
- Lead various types of installation projects
- Perform -48DC power work on live systems
- Read and interpret detailed specifications and drawings, blueprints, schematics, and method of procedures (MOPs)
- Install Frame and rack builds
- Run multiple cable types including coaxial, power, fiber, and network transmission; Use a variety of specific connectors and terminating procedures lacing, stitching, sewing of cables
- Terminate DC power, rectifiers, PDUs, BDFB/BDCBBs, and associated infrastructure used in telecommunications networks
- Terminate cables using RJ45 connectors
- Clean and scope fiber connectors
- Install ironwork (ladder rack) cable paths, horizontal and vertical pathways for fiber optic cable management systems, and create a physical cable path for equipment and cable design
- Tests and evaluates systems to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system
- Complete detailed documents of work performed and provide daily status updates
- Ability to serve as the installation in-charge person
Central Office Equipment Installer Requirements:
- Must be willing to travel, this position requires you to drive to job sites
- Experience in a CO or Data center environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Provide and maintain a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Must be self-motivated and self-driven
- Great time management and documentation skills
- Work extremely well in a team environment with direct supervision
- Must have the ability to work long hours, work at different times of day/night
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee
- Climb ladders safely by maintaining balance and able to use tools and carry materials while climbing ladders
- Have enough hand strength and dexterity to use industry specific tools
- Distinguish colors and fine print accurately
Applicants must present professional image in conduct, attitude and appearance. Display an aptitude for mechanical construction to accomplish installation activity. Assist in making engineering updates and requesting additional materials, as needed. Possess the ability to read, understand and follow Engineering Specifications. Must possess communication skills necessary to ensure a positive and productive interface with customer representatives, technical support personnel and upper management.
Job Type: Full-time
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Installer (Michigan, USA) ]