Portland, OR, USA
Portland Public Schools
This position is open until filled. First review will begin with applications submitted by December 17, 2019. Public Schools reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any point during the posting period.
Under general direction, perform a variety of technical data input, retrieval, analysis, and development duties in support of the District’s Human Resources Information Systems; serve as a technical resource to district staff, prospective employees, and external stakeholders in the compilation and dissemination of information through the HR PeopleSoft software modules.
- Process and analyze all personnel transactions in the PeopleSoft system, including new hires, transfers, promotions, resignations, and retirements.
- Interpret, analyze, research, and verify information from Portland Public Schools source documents or computer systems.
- Manage the Position Management module in PeopleSoft HRMS
- Includes creating new positions, updating existing positions and inactivating unused positions. Interpret, research, confirm and enter position attributes including reporting structure, and position subject information from PPS Source Documents/Systems.
- Includes day-to-day position changes and maintenance, as well as comprehensive projects (e.g. school closures or group reclassifications).
- Run position management and HRIS reports to audit and ensure data integrity.
- Review and participate in the development of business processes and procedures to maximize the effectiveness of the Position Management Tool.
- Responsible for weekly licensure monitoring of licensed employees in the District and process renewal documents and communicate with Teaching Standards and Practice Commission (TSPC), Oregon State licensing agency.
- Process professional educator’s tuition reimbursement request.
- Interpret, analyze, research and verify information from other school districts and agencies for salary placement for professional educators, based on verified documents.
- Perform monthly and as-needed audits of employee data and complete data corrections.
- Support HRIS system business process improvement, documentation, and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) management software and applications such as HRMS, PeopleSoft, SAP or similar.
- Microsoft Office Suite or similar presentation, word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
- Record keeping techniques.
- Effective customer service techniques.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Use a variety of technologies and software programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft, district payroll systems and other software programs.
- Accurately generate, validate and report on data; extract data from multiple sources, combine and manipulate data as needed.
- Use techniques and methodologies to analyze, manipulate and present data.
- Advocate, model, learn and implement Portland Public School’s Racial Equity Initiative and other board policies.
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate discretion, initiative and good judgement.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; demonstrate a strong customer service orientation.
- Learn, interpret and apply district, department and industry specific, procedures, functions and processes including collective bargaining agreements.
- Read, understand, interpret, apply, implement and communicate a variety of complex industry specific district, state and federal laws, guidelines, initiatives and policies.
CLASSIFICATION AND SALARY
This position is classified as Pay Grade 19, on the Non-Represented, Confidential, Professional and Management Employees salary schedule FLSA Non-Exempt.
Salary Range: $57,765 – $68,974, 40 hours per week.
For more details, the complete Classification Specification can be viewed here: https://www.pps.net/cms/lib/OR01913224/Centricity/Domain/56/Human%20Resourses%20Data%20Analyst%20-%20HRIS%20Series.pdf
Education, Training and Experience:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with human resources, payroll or information technology environment is required.
- Any other combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities may be considered.
- Experience in a richly diverse K-12 public school district or public agency is desirable.
- Takes initiative, team player, strong written and verbal communication skills, organized, flexible and technically savvy are desirable.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit our website: http://www.pps.net/Page/2158 and apply to Job# 20374. Please include a cover letter and resume.
The District is focused on eliminating systemic racism and its impact on student learning. PPS is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all its educational and employment activities. The District prohibits discrimination based on race; national or ethnic origin; color; sex; religion; age; sexual orientation; gender expression or identity; pregnancy; marital status; familial status; economic status or source of income; mental or physical disability or perceived disability or perceived disability; or military service. Portland Public Schools is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [HRIS Data Analyst I ]