Long Beach, CA, USA
The People First Generalist (HR Generalist) at Secure is responsible for a multi-state operation. The Generalist must embrace our core values and culture and be effective in communication, people relations, policies & procedures, state & federal labor laws, and influencing desire results. The PF Generalist will report to the Vice President of People First and will work with other members of the PF team to ensure people and business initiatives are implemented consistently across our organization. The PF Generalist will be assigned internal client groups with the expectation to manage all aspects of human resources activities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Ensure you uphold and demonstrate the company core values at all times.
• Present yourself in a professional, organized manner that conveys confidence.
• Oversee the hiring process including recruitment of qualified staff.
• Onboard new hires and consultants with engaging new hire orientations.
• Overseeing the performance management process.
• Providing support and consultation to supervisors on employee relations issues.
• Ensure HR compliance regarding state and federal labor laws, reporting and investigations.
• Administer and enforce company policies.
• Manage benefits and leave administration activities.
• Assist with employee engagement events.
• Proactively Identify the needs for employee learning and development.
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Training
• Knowledge of working in a multi-state company. Call Center experience a plus.
• Payroll knowledge as it relates to recordkeeping and timesheets, a plus.
• BA/BS degree preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of generalist experience.
• The ability to lead by example and be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
• Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations.
• Must demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Proficient in oral and written communication skills.
• Computer literate with MS Office.
• Willingness and ability to learn new software systems.
• Knowledge of Federal and State labor laws.
Possess effective communication skills, planning and organizing ability, be able to analyze complex issues and provide recommendations, ability to research and be resourceful, adaptable to change, high level of stress tolerance, demonstrate initiative, possess strong negotiation skills including persuasiveness, extreme attention to detail including accuracy regarding work.
• Travel up to 25% may be required.
• Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
• Lifting up to 10 lbs. may be required.
Secure Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [HR Generalist (Long Beach, CA, USA) ]