MP Environmental Services
MP Environmental Services in Everett, WA is looking to fill a position for mechanic. Mechanics will perform a variety of mechanical and maintenance functions on vehicles and equipment in compliance with state and federal laws. They work closely with the Operations and Facility Managers for assignments to effectively repair and maintain all company equipment. Shop personnel will work predominantly Monday through Friday, weekends are required as necessary.
MP offers paid holidays, vacations, and sick pay. We also offer full medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as a 401K.
Starting wage $26.00 per hour D.O.E.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of mechanical and maintenance duties in an accurate manner.
- Perform vehicle inspections for worn/damaged parts.
- Perform oil changes and lubrication as needed, following scheduled maintenance program.
- Repair/replace electrical lights, switches, wires, etc.
- Replace brake shoes and worn parts.
- Rebuild and repair truck/trailer suspension.
- Replace transmissions, clutches, pinion gear, batteries, drive lines, broken springs, and wheel seals.
- Maintain vehicle records, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Supervise work flow to other mechanics.
- Provide leadership, by example, to the position listed in Supervisory Responsibilities establishing and maintaining quality of standards and encouraging professionalism and pride in their work.
Marginal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Order and stock new parts.
- Clean shop floor.
- Possess a valid drivers’ license and driving records, in good standing, acceptable to the Company’s insurance underwriters.
- Requisite reading, mathematical, written language and verbal skills in order to perform the essential functions of the job as listed in Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- Five years previous work experience as a mechanic working on heavy trucks, trailers and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively ordering new parts, completing vehicle records, fulfilling needs per driver’s repair requests.
- Possess fork lift certificate.
- Use a jack support and jack for lifting.
- Operate fork lift.
- Test function and operation of roll-off trailer parts.
- Use a various hand/air power tools.
- Use of jack stands, shop crane, cutting torch and grinder.
- Complete required forms and maintenance records.
- Use of pens and pencils to write.
- Use of telephone for communication.
Please contact Mick Newsom at 425-754-6815 for application and interview.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Heavy/Commerical Truck Mechanic ]