Annapolis, MD, USA
The EQS Forklift Operator completes material movement through moving, loading, and unloading of assets using a wide variety of material handling equipment at a proficient level such as forklift, pallet jack.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pull specific vending and cold drink equipment to fulfill sales request needs
- Utilize “switcher” to maneuver 53’ and pup trailers to the dock as needed
- Prepare equipment for shipping by protective wrapping as needed
- Load and unload trailers as needed, in support of delivery activities; conduct SAP/CONA via handhelds to ensure accurate accountability for loads Inbound and outbound to/from territories supported by Regional Operation Center; process to be completed following CCCI SOP’S
- Ensure all Outbound loads are secured, safe, and proper documentation is attached (STO)
- Safety/Housekeeping-Performing Pre-Trips and Post Trips daily documentation, keeping work area neat and clutter-free
- Perform miscellaneous activities as directed; assist with equipment staging and other movements as directed, including junking of equipment and yard maintenance
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Comprehension of basic safety principles including proper lifting and use of personal protective equipment Advanced forklift skills (single-wide)
- Ability to efficiently, safely operate forklifts in a small area
- Pallet-jack skills
- Rudimentary mechanical skills
- Operate multiple pieces of simple machinery
- Simple tool usage
- Read and Follow written SOP’s or instructions
- Complete forms (handwritten and, or computer-based) to document activities and results
- Follow verbal instructions Intermediate math skills
- Thorough understanding of elements contributing to productivity
- Capacity to assess order building, loading workflow and choose optimum pick, load path
- Capacity to simultaneously manage multiple processes to support overall system efficiency
- Ability to consistently count received and compare to manifest with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to consistently load trucks following documentation with a high degree of accuracy
- Possess strong communication skills
- Must be able to work in extreme (hot, cold) temperatures, noisy conditions, slippery walking surfaces and broken glass
- Infrequent lifting, moving product
- Occasionally lifting over 25 lbs. and rarely up to or over 50 lbs.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Frequent getting on, off of a forklift.
- Opening and closing truck dock doors
- High school diploma or GED
- Forklift, pallet jack certification.
- Switcher operation certification.
- Class A CDL where required.
- Previous experience in a logistics environment
- Understanding of truck, trailer loading strategies, and weight distribution principles
Noisy and non-temperature-controlled environment including high and low-temperature environment
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Forklift Operator ]