Remote (Boston, MA, USA)
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
The Field Service Representative is responsible for supporting customers in support of Skyjack products providing technical assistance and training and improving overall responsiveness and knowledge for the customer.
- Provide technical assistance and training to customer in support of Skyjack products.
- Provide appropriate training for customer service to improve overall responsiveness and knowledge.
- Complete weekly reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and understand a wide variety of manuals for set-up, calibration, operating, repair, maintenance, testing and quality.
- Locate data in a variety of technical drawings.
- Ability to understand electric and hydraulic circuits and schematics.
- Ability to evaluate severity of equipment faults and anomalies considering all possible scenarios.
- Ability to judge conditions of individual parts, devices and adequacy of repairs.
- Judge suitability of parts, components, and modifications.
- Ability to verbally discuss electric and hydraulic circuits and schematics.
- Communicate effectively with customers to promote products, learn about equipment faults, and explain procedures, answer questions and address complaints.
- Exchange diagnostic and troubleshooting information with appropriate department personnel.
- Evaluate sets of data collected from trials and simulations to understand trouble shoot faults and equipment performance.
- Schedule repair and maintenance tasks.
- Post-Secondary technical diploma and ongoing related organization training and maintenance experience.
- Minimum one years customer service experience; aerial work platform industry experience strongly preferred but not essential.
- Ability to work independently performing service and repair tasks as needed.
- Possess strong system and hardware skills.
- Ability to use communications software and possess above average computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Office and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate motivation and continuous learning to update technical skills.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Skyjack supplies construction rental companies globally with quality engineered, simple, and reliable access and telehandler equipment. Initially started as a scissor lift manufacturer in 1985, and has grown to become a world leader in the general Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) industry.
As a dominant player in a consistently evolving industry, Skyjack employees thrive on absorbing new information and have a thirst for continuous improvement in their professional selves. In 2002 Skyjack became a part of the Linamar Corporation and has since been able to leverage strategic partnerships and use the guidance of their parent company to rapidly change the face of the access industry.
Every aspect of the company is deeply rooted in Skyjack’s safety initiatives as this can be an extremely challenging industry. Skyjack prides itself on being simply reliable and easy to do business with. This mission extends to the relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees.
Linamar Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace without regard to any basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Linamar Corporation encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will reasonably accommodate applicants throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process upon request.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Field Service Representative/Manager (Heavy Construction Equipment) ]