Charleston, SC, USA
Duncan-Parnell is one of the Southeast’s leading distributors of technology products and services for the construction, engineering, survey, and design industries. With a rich history of over 75 years, Duncan-Parnell applies keen attention to its customers’ needs, applications, and challenges to offer product and service solutions that add automation, efficiency and productivity to our clients’ operations to make their projects more successful.
Duncan-Parnell succeeds through dependability, a customer-first mindset, and a close collaboration with those customers to solve tough operational challenges through the implementation of technology. With the combination of our people, their commitment and dependability, and by offering great products from such trusted brands as HP and Trimble among others, Duncan-Parnell continues to grow and become the top choice for the industries we serve.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for supporting Duncan-Parnell’s Wide Format division. Planning and coordinating activities related to equipment installations, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical issues, and service to equipment are the primary roles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation and training of new or refurbished equipment at customer’s office to ensure full functionality and customer understanding of equipment operations.
- Analyze equipment to determine source of problem, recommend repair or other corrective action.
- Provide preventative maintenance keeping schedules as prescribed by manufacturer.
- Manage inventory control of parts.
- Receive calls from dispatch and follow written dispatch procedures.
- Interaction with customer prior to on-site visit in order to verify potential problem and ensure correct parts are taken.
- Maintain positive customer relationships.
- Attend manufacturer’s training classes and share knowledge with service team.
Education: Associates degree, technical school, or military experience required.
- 2 or more solid employment references from relevant sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service focused
- Mechanical ability
- PC operation, DOS Command Line, PC troubleshooting and repair, Microsoft Office
- Experience with digital circuitry
Duncan-Parnell offers a comprehensive benefit program including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Medical and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Full reimbursement for approved training
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Field Service Engineer – Wide Format Printers ]