Detroit, MI, USA
Strategic Staffing Solutions
Strategic Staffing Solutions is looking for a Field Construction Lead in Detroit, MI.
Lead a crew of up to five (5) on any type of construction or maintenance work, inspection of contractor work, finishing cement and asphalt; constructing and installing vaults; pipe locating in any area, operating and maintaining equipment in the Distribution machine shop or blacksmith shops; lead a crew making gas main tie-ins of any pressure; fuse 6″ and 8″ plastic; fuse branch saddle tie-ins; investigation of services and distribution grid system main extensions; investigating customer charge orders and changing position of meters, investigation of construction work of others to make recommendations to prevent interference with gas facilities, and main investigation up to 4″ 10#(lb.), changing district and station regulator charts; operate all construction and maintenance vehicles and equipment, lead a prospecting crew in all areas; re-lighting of all domestic appliances, including space heating when interrupted by Distribution employees or third parties; make neat and accurate sketches to be submitted with applications for construction permits and records pertinent to all work performed, temporarily replace an employee of higher classification during his or her absence; and perform all duties prescribed for the Distribution Operator I/Operator II classification including the following: Fitting and mechanical work; use of all pertinent tools and equipment; fusing all plastic piping, use of gas leak detectors and other work incidental to prospecting and leak surveys. Lead a grading and seeding crew of equal or lower grade. Use of gas leak detectors to perform and classify for leak surveys. Pipe locating in any area to be used for drop lines only.
Qualifications Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record (eight points or less)
- Successful candidate(s) must pass the DOT Drug Test, DOT Physical, and respirator fit test –
- Successful candidate(s) must complete a Background Check.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid operators and Group A Commercial Driver’s License (CDLA) with Air Brake Endorsement. If successful candidate(s) does not already possess a valid CDL A, the candidate(s) will be required to obtain a Temporary Permit (TIP) during the pre-hire steps.
- Must be able to be certified to wear self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Must be willing and able to accept odd shifts, on-call, emergency assignments and work overtime per the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Must be able to lift and move equipment weighing approximately 95lbs (jackhammer).
- Must be able to climb in and out of excavation holes.
- Must be able to use a variety of hand tools (i.e. shovels, rakes, sledge hammers, brooms, etc.) requiring upper body forces up to 40 lbs.
Experience in Natural Gas Distribution Operations including the installation, maintenance or repair of underground gas mains and services.
Knowledge of OSHA regulations, pipeline safety regulations and underground construction practices.
Excavation or construction experience.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Field Construction Lead ]