San Francisco, CA, USA
Since 1987, MSA Security has served as an industry leader in high-consequence threat protection and specialized training for corporate and government clients. The MSA team is comprised of security professionals with diverse backgrounds in law enforcement, elite military units, and the private sector, all working together to provide unparalleled explosive detection, consulting, training and perimeter security services. MSA combines hands-on expertise with information and technology to minimize our client’s vulnerabilities to threats and lessen risks in order to protect their personnel and property.
MSA Security is currently looking for qualified individuals to fill openings for Explosive Detection Canine Handler (EDCH). The ideal candidate for this role would be a highly-motivated retired law enforcement officer or prior military canine handler to work in the San Francisco Region. We will train the right candidate. You must have a dependable personal vehicle to transport yourself and your Explosive Detection Canine partner to and from various client locations. The EDC will reside with you in your home when not working with you on assignment. This position pays competitive hourly rate plus a monthly stipend to care for the EDC.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with a trained Explosive Detection Canine partner to conduct searches in/at assigned client sites, including corporate buildings, loading docks, delivery vehicles, open areas and/or other situations as needed
- Assist and liaise effectively with the client’s security manager, law enforcement agencies, security personnel, and local partners or their representatives
- Be available for incident/emergency response duty, standby duty, and client demonstrations, which includes weekends, holidays, nights and overnights
Qualified applicants will have achieved one or more of the following:
- 3 years of military service, preferably in a combat deployment
- 3 years in a law enforcement role and completed an accredited Law Enforcement Academy (Municipal/State/Federal)
Must be able to obtain a State Guard License
As a condition of employment, Explosive Detection Canine handlers will need to obtain a guard license which requires the successful completion of a background check.
If you have any questions please reach out to Jonathan Evans , Recruitment Manager
email@example.com or call 212-509-1336 ext. 241
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster, EEOC GINA Supplement, and OFCCP EEOC Supplement
MSA Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Explosive Detection Canine Handler ]