Denton, Texas, USA
University of North Texas
Transportation Services supports the University’s mission by maximizing campus access through environmentally sustainable practices, superior customer service, and through innovation and professional management of transportation resources and facilities.
This position is responsible for overseeing, managing, and directing the strategic and operational activities of the parking and transportation department at the University of North Texas. Responsibilities include creating a shared vision and strategic plan for the department, direct oversight of the financial operations, utilization of data to make informed decisions that improve the services to the campus community, formulation and approval of departmental goals; policy development and approval; staff supervision; and budget development and allocation. Position has authority and autonomy to make significant choices and decisions without specific guidance or direction and conducts short and long-term planning to anticipate and solve a wide range of complex multi-disciplinary matters. The results and decisions in this role have significant impact on the safety and health of students, employees, and community members as well as impact on other operational areas and finances.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and professional development of staff with an emphasis on innovative solutions, problem solving, and customer service.
- Oversees all departmental general administration, operations, contract management, planning, and policy development.
- Oversees the departmental budgets and budget projections, directs the financial operations, and is responsible for ensuring fiscal health.
- Assesses current services provided to the campus community and/or develops new services and identifies revenue sources with the departmental leadership.
- Oversees departmental personnel by leading the development of departmental strategic plan and creates a shared vision, mission, strategic goals, objectives, and benchmarks.
- Participates in campus master planning discussions and provides direction for all mobility implementation activities and manages all departmental related capital or construction projects in collaboration with other key campus or UNT System partners.
- Maintains strong partnerships with the UNT community, including student organizations and campus departments, and external partners.
- Oversees all departmental communication and marketing efforts to internal and external stakeholders in collaboration with the division communications team.
- Manages departmental relationships with vendors and contractors/subcontractors to provide exceptional service to the university
- Serves as the University’s transportation representative by cultivating relationships with various internal and external stakeholders, university committees, student organizations, and external organizations such as representatives from the city of Denton, Denton County Transportation Authority, North Texas Council of Governments.
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, management, logistics, public administration or related field and seven or more years of successful supervisory and managerial experience.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Executive Director, Parking & Transport (Denton, Texas, USA) ]