Wilmington, NC, USA
Acme Smoked Fish
The Maintenance Technician is a multi-craft position that requires a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic (PLC). This position provides emergency and routine maintenance support to the operations departments in an industrial/automated environment.
- Successfully troubleshoot, install, inspect, maintain, and repair electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment as directed.
- Perform troubleshooting using a PLC
- Identify parts and supplies as needed to perform assigned tasks using manuals, catalog, etc.
- Perform work in an efficient and timely manner
- Confers with operators and observers, tests, and evaluates operations of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Disassembles machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Repairs, replaces, adjust, and align components of machinery and equipment orders or fabricates replacement parts.
- Test-runs repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Records repairs, maintenance performed and machine maintenance information utilizing the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Communicates with or assists other associates to repair equipment.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work activities.
- Adhere to all Safety Policies including wearing Personal Protective Equipment at all times.
Skills Strongly Preferred
- Associates degree in Electronics, General Technology or related field and 2+ Years industrial maintenance experience strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of industrial maintenance experience in a position that requires a working knowledge of mechanical, electronic (PLC) and electrical.
- Completed apprenticeship program and 2+ years industrial maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to pass a Maintenance Aptitude Test
Required Skills (Must have experience in the following areas)
Acme Smoked Fish is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.