Chesapeake, VA, USA
Equipment Technician (All shifts available)
What does a great Equipment Technician do?
Work independently of manager/supervisor to perform difficult, complex, and sometimes complicated technical maintenance duties to overhaul production machines, industrial machinery, timing devices, and electrical/electronic equipment. Follow up to assure satisfactory completion, check work progress throughout the department, and provide verbal and written status reports to the supervisor. Perform maintenance duties in an efficient and timely manner to install, maintain, and repair equipment. This activity may include disassembly, repair or replacement of parts, fitting and alignment, temp and long-term fix to minimize downtime, and trouble shooting, diagnosing, and correcting maintenance issues. Responsible for assisting the manager/supervisor to coordinate repair scheduling to minimize production down time. Process numerous troubleshooting and diagnosing electronic transactions requiring heavy PC user skills.
In this role you can expect to:
- Be responsible for the emergency repair and on-going maintenance required to ensure the optimum performance of the user’s electronic and hardware systems.
- Troubleshoot electromechanical problems on all equipment.
- Basic Networking experience and advanced PC
- Conduct training on all assigned equipment.
- Respond to customer-initiated service calls as directed.
- Independently troubleshoot and repair equipment problems.
- Perform repair of sub-assemblies.
- Perform preventive maintenance and equipment installation.
- Identify defective or marginal components.
- Repair/replace components.
- Assist with equipment rebuilds.
- Perform assigned inventory control duties as directed; accurately log all parts issues
- Maintain all manuals, tools and test equipment.
- May also research, develop and deploy new technologies to increase customer capabilities.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic leadership skills needed for leading small teams and decision making
- Experience in teaching, training or development experience.
- Effective listening, problem solving and facilitation.
- Mentoring other team members to increase capability, efficiency, and thought process.
- Flexible hours to be able to move around and address problem areas.
- Must be able to identify improvements across process, and technology
- Escalation with the Shift Supervisor and part of the escalation process.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Must ensure cost savings initiatives are occurring to reduce the amount of liability in regards to parts costs. This is accomplished through outsourcing initiatives.
- Respond to operator placed service calls and effect repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled.
- Conduct technical training classes for defined product groups.
- Define cost savings and equipment modification opportunities.
- Perform application configuration and optimization of systems
- Work with customers daily to ensure optimal performance of the equipment to their satisfaction.
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Equipment Technician (All shifts available) ]