Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, USA
Xanterra Travel Collection
Join our Food & Beverage team as an Entry Level Cook at Grand Canyon National Park!
One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the Grand Canyon is a spectacular and iconic destination. As an employee, you are invited to experience all the Grand Canyon has to offer – from incredible sunsets and sunrises to the hundreds of miles of trails great for hiking, biking, camping, and photography to mule rides, rafting, and train tours.
Join our team and find a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
Position Type: Seasonal OR Year-Round
Start Date: Immediate preferred but can be flexible
The Perks & Benefits:
- Employee Cafeteria available at reduced rates on a pay-as-you-go system
- Free wifi and computer access
- Free laundry facilities
- Free access to community rec center and sports courts
- $10/month access to fitness center
- Dorm-style housing available at $20/week via payroll deduction
- Benefits are offered to full time year-round employees
- Employee Learning and Development Programs
- Employee discounts on lodging, retail, and food and beverage products at all Xanterra Park locations
Cooks should anticipate working across all stations and using all kitchen equipment. Depending on the venue, batch production, high volume a la carte, prep, pantry, and dish tasks will vary. Responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for the quality, food safety/sanitation, and timeliness of dishes served.
- Ensure consistency in techniques to be used for proper food preparation, portioning, and plating as outlined in recipes, product rotation, and mise en place.
- Prepares a variety of food items using knives, electric mixers, ovens, fryers, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers.
- Previous kitchen experience with some cooking on a line or batch cooking, including fast food or fast-casual backgrounds.
- Basic knowledge of the production areas of the kitchen and equipment such as slicers, steamers, and kettles.
- Safe and proficient knife handling skills.
- Basic knowledge of ServeSafe HACCP food sanitation program with ability to apply necessary portions of program.
- Must be available to work evening shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Physical ability to lift thirty pounds of food product and carry it twenty-five feet minimum.
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time and work in high temperatures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Entry Level Cooks – Grand Canyon National Park (Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, USA) ]