Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ambiance Transportation Co LLC
CERTIFIED EMT with the ability and willingness to also operate the gurney vehicle
AMBIANCE TRANSPORTATION is a LA based, fast growing Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) company. We are seeking Certified EMTs who have a passion for helping and caring for others and wish to join a company that cares for them.
You must have the ability to perform both the role of attendant and gurney driver for this position (we also have a position for the roles of just EMT and just Gurney Driver). Ambiance juggles multiple vehicles and is seeking individuals who can fill both of these critical roles to increase our scheduling flexibility.
This is a field where people (employees, management, customers, and patients) are everything, and in recognition of this we are committed to making Ambiance a place that all of us are proud of by investing in, cultivating, and growing every member of the team.
Join our team today!
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $22.50* per hour pay if you can also drive– full & part time positions,
- $19.00* per hour pay if you cannot drive (attend only) – full & part time positions,
- * $3.50 per hour of above rate contingent upon perfect performance (show up on time every day and no last minute “no shows”, measured across each pay period)
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (with company contribution after 6 months of full time employment)
- Training and EMT certification renewals for full-time employees
- Adhere to Ambiance’s policies/procedures (training provided) including complying with HIPAA regulations;
- Collaborate with management and the team to improve Ambiance’s level of care, customer service, work environment, and culture.
- Maintain the stocking and cleanliness of your vehicle with pride.
- Accept & record transportation requests as they are received from hospital.
- Execute transports in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provide a critical service to elderly, ill and disabled patients by providing top tier medical transport to/from medical facilities;
- Remain up to date with current standards of care, equipment, certifications, licenses and registrations.
- Provide a critical service to elderly, ill and disabled patients, transporting them safely and courteously to and from appointments in Los Angeles County in a gurney vehicle.
- Work with EMT ATTENDANT to transport patient in and out of vehicle and assist with patient safety as needed;
- Safely drive and maintain vehicle – paying attention to external dangers & maintaining safe driving practices; adhering to the manifest (schedule, special requests, etc.); checking road conditions & estimate travel times; communicating with dispatch; conducting maintenance checklist, clean interior and exterior; notifying fleet management of preventative maintenance needs and issues; prepping/closing out vehicle at beginning and end of each shift; and completing daily manifest and maintenance records clearly and accurately.
- EMT State Certification (minimum) – renewals and course time paid by Ambiance
- CPR Certification (Company will pay for course)
- LADOT attendant permit (company will pay for and submit application)
- LADOT gurney driver permit (company will pay for and submit application)
- Pass background check and drug test
Additional pay opportunities:
- Overtime paid after 8 hours!!
AMBIANCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the applicant a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of the position.
Ambiance Transportation provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- POSITION 1 – 11 hour shifts, 4 shifts per week M-Th, Nights
- POSITION 2 – 11 shifts, 3 shifts per week F, Sa, Su, Nights (3rd daytime shift available on request)
- Overtime paid AFTER 8 HOURS EACH SHIFT
All hires must be fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination as our customers only allow vaccinated individuals into their facilities.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Office in Glendale, CA 91210
- Shifts start and end at Cedars Sinai
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- EMT Certification (Required)
- CA Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) with ability to drive (CA DL & 23+ YO) (Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, USA) ]