4032 North 132nd Street, Omaha, NE, USA
Mobility City of Omaha
We’re looking for a person with an outgoing personality, a positive attitude and a desire to help customers “get going again.”
Attitude is everything when you are dealing with customers, especially seniors. Our mechanics visit people’s homes or institutions to fix equipment like wheelchairs, mobility scooters, hospital beds, walkers, lift chairs and more.
You must have mechanical skills and a working knowledge of electronics troubleshooting. You need to be a good listener, have patience, compassion and be able to clearly communicate so the customer understands and feels comfortable learning how to use their mobility equipment. We provide all training, continuing education, tools and the vehicle you will need to successfully complete our entire service offering.
A few of the main duties of a DME Mechanic are:
- Work with elderly customers to diagnose and repair their product(s)
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform electro-mechanical repairs
- Handle white glove deliveries for our national account partners
- Advise the customer on how to properly use and care for the equipment
- Build relationships with customers
- Act as a positive and trustworthy representative of Mobility City
- You must be organized
- You must be able to fill out the repair or service work order forms
- You must be able to lift heavy items exceeding 50 pounds
- You must have a clean driving record as you will be driving a company van
- You must have a clean background check
- We prefer a high school diploma or GED
- We may request references
Annual salary of $40K and performance-based bonuses
Why Work at This Company?
Your good work will positively impact people’s lives. Opportunity to earn commissions & bonuses.
Hiring Company Description:
Our mission is to provide for our mobility challenged neighbors and communities in Omaha, Nebraska and surrounding areas. Backed with almost 40 years of industry experience and expertise. We’ve entered the market as your #1 source for wheelchair and scooter rentals, repairs, battery replacements, lift chairs, hospital bed sales, rentals and more.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Durable Medical Equipment (“DME”) Mechanic (4032 North 132nd Street, Omaha, NE, USA) ]