Indianapolis, IN, USA
Citizens Energy Group
Repair, rebuild, layout and fabricate metal parts, shapes and objects requiring the use of arc or gas welding processes necessary to maintain safe, continuous and efficient operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Burning, fusing, aligning, placing, repairing, chipping, cleaning, preparing, and installing metal parts, shapes, pipe and objects requiring the use of arc and gas welding processes, knowledge of gas tig or mig welding; setting up and laying out metal plates, shapes, pipe and objects preparatory to welding; preheating according to established standards to prevent stresses that would otherwise accumulate during the welding operation; post heating according to established standards to relieve residual stresses due to the welding operation;
- Cutting metals with oxy-acetylene, knowledge of plasma or arc welding equipment;
- Selecting the proper weld rod and flux for the metal to be welded; working from blueprints, sketches, field measurements and specifications; duplicating and building up parts, shapes and objects; being familiar with the properties of various metals;
- Operating numerous types of power and hand tools including, but not limited to, saws, grinders, shears, brakes and hydraulic or pneumatic equipment;
- Rigging, building scaffolding, trench shoring and directing crane operations, as required;
- Inspecting, dismantling, installing, replacing, cleaning, lubricating, packing, drilling, grinding, sawing, removing and setting of mechanical equipment related to but not limited to steam and chilled water distribution systems;
- Removing, repairing, replacing and installing heat insulating materials on piping and equipment;
- Operating all types of stationary and heavy equipment such as cranes, hoists, backhoes and large trucks;
- Keeping work areas, assigned company truck, and associated equipment in good order and cleaning up after completion of work;
- Performing general mechanical maintenance, construction and other related work, when not welding, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- A valid State of Indiana driver’s license is required
- Pressure welding on piping requiring the passing of performance qualification tests as established by the Thermal Division procedures which are in compliance with “ASME Power Piping B 31.1” requirements as governed by section IX
- 5 years of experience in welding and layout/fabrication repair work
- Must pass a Heat Stress Test
- Outdoor work is required in various types of weather, dirt, noise and fumes
- Confined space entry is required in high temperature atmosphere at times
- In addition to the primary duties listed above, the employee may be called upon to perform other work, including the ability to work overtime as circumstances require
- Available for 24-hour repair service calls
- Post high school education from a formal accredited institution related to a welding program.
This is a bargaining unit position and a member of the local IBEW 1400. The wage per hour is $30.65 per hour.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:30 am- 4:00 pm
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Distribution Welder ]