220 East 42nd Street New York, NY 10017
Directs, coordinates, facilitates and supports outreach and educational efforts to identify appropriate referrals and ensure quality healthcare delivery to Veteran patients/families of VNS Health programs and services including but not limited to Hospice, CHHA, Behavioral Health, and Health Plan.Demonstrates knowledge and commitment to excellence in VNS Health organization, operational oversight and customer service, especially in terms of relationship to VA benefits, the VA healthcare system, and the veteran community. Works under general direction.
- Provides outreach and education to veteran organizations, community centers, caregiver coalitions, etc. regarding the benefits of VNS Health’s offerings.
- Collaborates with VNS Health’s leadership in the development of short- and long- range strategies for veterans program; identifies and facilitates new opportunities.
- Collaborates with Interdisciplinary Team of various programs to ensure veteran patient concerns and treatments are addressed appropriately.
- Provides support and guidance to veteran program staff; resolves escalated issues/concerns. Effectively organizes and strategizes placement and project prioritization of veteran program staff and efforts.
- Assists with applications of securing grants for financial success and sustainment and ensures proper utilization of designated funds.
- Develops and/or enhances relationships with key leaders in hospital, SNF, ALF, community, and government parties to engage them in the veterans program.
- Ensures the use of an interdisciplinary approach to assess the medical, physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Collaborates with patient care teams in the coordination of VNS Health Care Services for complex patients.
- Implements and manages workflow procedures and systems for an efficient and timely operation that is responsive to customers (patients, discharge planners, VNS Health employees, physicians, families etc.) and operational needs. Troubleshoots difficult customer service issues, facilitates problem resolution and directs staff in addressing and resolving other day-to-day operational issues.
- Collaborates with other VNS Health channels in Hospice, CHHA, Government Affairs, Business Development, etc. in order to ensure successful efforts and continuum of care and quality patient care outcomes.
- Establishes and promotes ongoing collaborative relationships with program staff, institutional personnel, and other facilities to ensure the coordination of appropriate referrals. Ensures team and hospice department meet continued education requirements in accordance with NHPCO and VA regulations.
- Troubleshoots difficult customer service issues, facilitates problem resolution and directs staff in addressing and resolving other day-to-day operational issues.
- Ensures the effectiveness of information exchange on patient care planning in accordance to CMS and/or VA MISSION Act quality care measures.
- Participates in the Hospice Continuous Quality Improvement meetings related to improved quality patient care in accordance to NHPCO’s and VA’s WHV program and VA’s MISSION Act.
- Provides summary reports of referral and marketing activities related to the facilities and all VNS Health programs; submits to leadership team.
- Assesses program through VA and/or DoD contract negotiations, patient quality assurance and advocacy, data and financial analytical reports. Monitors admit trends to goal, conversion rate, length of intake (LOI), and non-admit qualifiers. Identifies issues based on trend; advises leadership and provides recommendations to address issues.
- Participates in community outreach via education programs, public relations through media outlets, and social media engagement (i.e. LinkedIn).
- Performs all duties in a managerial role. Ensures effective staff training, evaluates staff performance, provides input for the development of the department budget, and hires, promotes, and terminates staff and recommends salary actions as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing, or a related field or the equivalent work experience required.
Experience:Minimum six years of experience in the healthcare industry required. Hospice experience preferred. Minimum of two years of progressive supervisory/management experience required. Demonstrated knowledge of VA healthcare system and benefits, including its correlation with the Hospice Medicare/Medicaid benefit required. Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills required. Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills required. Proficiency in personal computer operations including MS Office applications required. Recognized veteran status with honorable discharge from a US military armed service branch preferred but not required.
Bilingual skills may be required as determined by operational needs.
Valid driver’s license may be required, as determined by operational/regional needs.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Director, Veteran Program (220 East 42nd Street New York, NY 10017) ]