Little Rock, AR, USA
Diesel Maintenance Tech Overview:
The Diesel Maintenance Tech is responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment (class 8 semis, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) which includes routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech will perform job duties independently with little to no supervision & must be equipped with personal toolbox. Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring Diesel Maintenance Tech (C) employees as needed.
Basic knowledge and understanding of repairing or replacing all structural, body and mechanic parts of a trailer. Must be proficient with brakes, drivelines and mechanical engine components on tractors. Strong electrical experience with the ability to diagnose & repair all electrical systems, up to and including emissions and engine components. Must possess basic computer entry (PC) skills.
- Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 3 years previous experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or 3-5 years verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance.
- DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
- Basic welding and metal fabrication skills.
- Diagnose and repair electrical, ABS and air brake systems.
- Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
- Proficient computer skills.
- CDL-A or ability to obtain within ninety 3-6 months of employment.
- Operate with minimal supervision.
- Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external customers
- Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
- Must be at least 21 years old
- DOT Brake/Annual Inspection certification
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Clean driving record
- Must have valid driver’s license
- No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during the previous three years
- No more than one accident in the previous three years
- No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
- Competitive pay based on years of experience
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Diesel Maintenance Tech 2nd Shift – Tuesday – Saturday ]