Charleston, SC, USA
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile), located in Columbia, SC, is responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment which includes routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will operate a company owned service vehicle to visit customers and conduct service repairs onsite. Service repairs may include but are not limited to equipment such as forklifts, trailers and tractors. Diesel Maintenance Techs (Mobile) will also be responsible for making road calls as needed. The duties for the Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will be performed independently, with little to no supervision. Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will also be responsible for mentoring Diesel Maintenance Techs (C), as needed. Must be equipped with personal toolbox.
- Mobile/B Technician will operate our company owned equipped service vehicle, fully stocked with parts inventory and equipment for servicing vehicles for onsite routine maintenance for Red Classic internal and external customers.
- The mobile unit is fully equipped to handle onsite PM service work and repairs with space for personal tools/toolbox.
- Candidate must meet requirements of company vehicle driving policy.
Full knowledge and understanding of repairing and replacing all structural, body and mechanical parts of a variety of diesel equipment. Must be proficient in computer (PC) skills.
- 3-5 years verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or
- Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 3 years previous experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or
- DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
- Proficient in diagnostics, trouble shooting and after treatment systems.
- Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
- Diagnose and repair electrical accessories.
- Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
- Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
- Proficient computer skills.
- CDL A/B or ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of employment
- Operate with minimal supervision.
- Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external customers
- Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
- Competitive pay based on years of experience
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Must be at least 21 years old
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Clean driving record
- Must have valid driver’s license
- No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during the previous three years
- No more than one accident in the previous three years
- No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Diesel Maintenance Mobile Tech 1st Shift – Monday – Friday ]