Columbus, OH, USA
Title: Destination Specialist M&C
Reports To: Director, Visitor Experience
Status: Part Time
Location: Columbus, OH
What You Will Accomplish
Provide visitors and clients with an extraordinary impression of Experience Columbus and the Columbus destination. Destination Specialists are deployed as needed and have three primary responsibilities: to provide visitor information, to provide staffing at conventions, meetings, and other events, and generate visitor survey completions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Staff information tables, booths, and visitor centers when needed
- Greet visitors via telephone, email, and in person; answering and directing calls; responding to questions; anticipating needs; and maintaining visitor information resources with energy and a cheerful disposition
- Determine visitor interests and suggest suitable attractions, dining, lodging, and shopping in an attempt to create a superb experience and to increase visitor spending and room nights
- Staff registration tables as needed
- Responsibilities vary, but generally include:
- Work with convention clients per their specific meeting requirement
- Greet attendees
- Register and check in attendees and provide them with information & supplies
- Administer visitor surveys:
- Generate visitor survey completions
Specific qualifications required include:
- Experience Columbus requires all employees to obtain and maintain their Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (CTA) designation prior to your first shift
- Abundant and continuing knowledge of Greater Columbus, its attractions, events and activities, etc.
- Basic computer, tablet and mobile phone skills
- Excellent customer service skills, in person and on the phone
- Flexibility and willingness to accept other duties as assigned per the client specifications
- Adherence to Experience Columbus policies on professionalism for which training will be provided
- Ability to work without supervision
- Must be at least 18 years old and have either a High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- The working environments vary but often the settings are busy and loud. The environments also may involve extended periods of standing, walking and sitting
- Available shifts for this position are flexible and we would ask you to be as well. There often are early morning and late evening shifts, so if you’re an early-bird or a night-owl, there likely will be a shift available when you’re at your best. Total hours per year can range from 40 – 300.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Experience Columbus reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Experience Columbus or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Destination Specialist, Meetings and Conventions ]