Capitol Heights, MD, USA
Capitol Heights, MD, US, 20743
Requisition ID: 48915
Posting Locations: Capitol Heights
Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards, competitive pay, career advancement and growth opportunities.
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
• Paid Training
• Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
• 401(k) with Company matching on a dollar-for-dollar basis
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Group Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability
• Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
The Delivery Merchandiser Trainee is responsible for learning and becoming efficient in the daily duties of route delivery and merchandising in all disciplines. The Delivery Merchandiser Trainee should be capable of giving route relief when and where needed as well as be prepared to take a permanent route assignment in any route delivery discipline. The Delivery Merchandiser Trainee is a fast-paced position that stocks and faces products on shelves, displays, and in coolers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Learns how to drive a Class A CDL vehicle and obtains a Class A CDL within 10 weeks of training start date. Works with a trainer to learn the processes and gain the skills necessary to service customers including utilizing the delivery handheld device for invoicing customers, safely and properly using all equipment utilized to deliver to customers and properly and safely handling products upon delivery to customers. Learns company accounting procedures for end of shift duties such as accurate check in at end of day, cash and paperwork accountability, inventory accountability and proper security around company assets
- Learns and develops merchandising habits and techniques to ensure customer and consumer satisfaction while ensuring Company merchandising standards are met and understands how to execute commercial plans in our customer’s outlets. Develops good rotation practices and the importance of point of sales such as racks and shippers, learns how to effectively build and maintain displays of our products, product facing, and brand order along with proper backroom management of our products. Develops customer service skills by working with our customers to understand their needs and communicates back to the appropriate manager any customer service issues
- Responsible for appropriate behavior while executing job functions, promoting personal safety, and the safe use of needed equipment. Learns and adheres to company standards on safety, equipment safety and proper usage and learns all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration rules regarding DOT and Hours of Service
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Beverage, delivery industry knowledge
- Customer management
- Continuous improvement and initiative
- Sales ability
- Previous route delivery, direct store delivery, stocking, merchandising products, or retail management experience is strongly preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be self-motivated with a high degree of integrity and be able perform job duties with minimal supervision on a timely basis
- Must reflect dependability, initiative, professional demeanor, and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, continuous lifting environment
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, repeatedly and multiple times a day
- Availability and willingness to work some weekends holidays
- Valid driver’s license for your state of residency and excellent driving history for the last seven years (A 7-year Motor Vehicle Report will be reviewed)
- The ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (Class A CDL), not required for hire
- Ability to pass and maintain D.O.T. physical requirements
Work environment will vary, including but not limited to exposure to weather conditions, coolers, and customer storage areas which may be non-temperature controlled
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Delivery Merchandiser Trainee ]