Chesapeake, VA, USA
As a Customer Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The Emergency repair and ongoing maintenance required to ensure the optimum performance of the user’s electronic hardware systems.
- Completing training on all assigned equipment, including product cross-training.
- Responding to customer initiated service calls as directed
- Troubleshooting and repairing equipment problems with minimal assistance
- Performing repairs of sub-assemblies
- Performing preventive maintenance and equipment installation.
- Identifying defective or marginal components.
- Repairing/replacing components
- Assisting with equipment rebuilds.
- Performing assigned inventory control duties as directed; Accurately log all parts issues.
- Maintaining all manuals, tools and test equipment.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective listening, problem solving and facilitation.
- Flexible hours to be able to move around and address problem areas.
- Escalation with the Shift Supervisor and part of the escalation process.
Years of Experience and/or Education or Equivalent Military Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics, (or equivalent educational background, i.e., military technical schools) required.
- Minimum 12 months as Associate Customer Engineer or equivalent work experience required. Strong mechanical ability required.
- Ability to operate, maintain, manipulate and adjust assigned equipment as necessary.
- Risk Management
- Customer Service Management
- PC Workstation Software
- Hardware Infrastructure
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Problem Management Process
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Customer Engineer (Machine Maintenance) – Military Veteran ]