Rand Precision Machining
Rand Machine is hiring for the following role in Falconer, NY a Cost Estimator.
- Works with the Sales and Program Management teams to determine if incoming RFQs are compatible with Rand’s capabilities and capacities.
- Responsible for generating accurate manufacturing quotes as requested by the Sales and Program Management teams in a timely manner.
- Works with Engineering to determine best manufacturing and inspection processes.
- Works directly with purchasing to determine material and OSV costs necessary for quoting.
- Maintains a quoting log.
- Evaluates completed jobs to quotes to determine accuracy of quoting.
- Maintains, organizes, and keeps a clean work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of the manufacturing capabilities at Rand.
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing processes including cutting rates and techniques for various materials.
- Understanding of Quality Control functions and requirements.
- Expert at reading blueprints and interpreting customer specifications.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Able to effectively use CAD and electronic quoting software.
- Able to work across several departments as well as suppliers and vendors while maintaining required deadlines.
Education and Experience:
· B.S. in Mechanical engineering, with a focus on manufacturing or process engineering.
· Ten years manufacturing engineering in machining environment.
· Solid Edge & Job Boss experience preferred
· Knowledge of inspection tools and techniques
Paid time off.
Premier Aerospace Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering diversity in its staff, and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $89,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Cost Estimator (Onsite) ]