Metris Global is a certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) dedicated to helping government identify and solve problems. Our concierge-minded team of special operations and interagency advisors provide professional services, full spectrum pre-deployment, and full mission profile (FMP) training exercises to achieve this mission. Our work has quietly saved lives and taxpayer dollars. If you are passionate about “Training Today’s Warriors for Tomorrow’s Threats”, we would love you to join our Team.
Metris Global Values:
- Work Ethic – Passionate, motivated, proactive, attention to detail.
- Integrity – Unquestionable level of sound morale and ethical principles.
- Professionalism – Conduct oneself with the appearance, demeanor, humility, and competence.
- Loyalty – Commitment to doing what is in our best interest as a company and to our clients.
- Accountability – Humility, transparency, and responsibility.
- Innovation – There is ALWAYS a “better and more efficient way” to complete the mission.
Reporting to the Site Lead, the Contingency Preparedness and Response Management School Instructor (CPI) shall provide instruction on Incident Command System (ICS) and emergency response systems as they apply to the U.S. Coast Guard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for instruction on deployment the Incident Command System (ICS) as it applies to the operations of ICS under the National Incident Management System (NIMS) within the USCG or other Federal, State, or Local entities.
- This position requires ability to conduct training at various USCG locations; both CONUS and OUTCONUS. Therefore, frequent travel is required.
- Other duties as assigned
Responsible for successful classroom set up, management, and oversight to include associated quality, student, classroom, time, and other supervisory aspects of performance related to job responsibilities.
Achieves client-established quality objectives for instruction and classroom management. Includes but is not limited to:
- Quality instructor performance capable of ascertaining the level of the class’s knowledge and teaching at the appropriate level.
- Capable of controlling the discipline of the class.
- Demonstrates a high level of professional management in performing training activities and facilitating classroom environments all times.
- Maintains regular class schedule.
- Adheres to a zero-tolerance policy of inappropriate language at all times.
- Class schedule is managed in accordance with course curriculum outlines.
- Manages a safe, comfortable training environment, ensures sufficient materials are available, and resolves disruptive student behavior.
Measurement of Performance
The Site Lead will establish performance metrics for the Contingency Preparedness and Response Management Instructor within the first thirty (30) days of employment.
- Accomplish a rating of satisfactory or above on 80% of the course evaluations following each course convening.
- Follows guidance in instructional materials 100% of the time. .
- Accomplishes a rating of “demonstrated competency” or better on the Coast Guard Instructor Feedback Form as measured annually.
- Receives no measure less than “3” on a scale of “5” for each of the 14 assigned instructor competencies.
- Demonstrates effective communication, collaboration, and teamwork with all Government and Contract team members.
- Completed and delivered tasks and work products shall be in conformance to the USCG Training System Standard Operating Procedures, timely, complete, and documentation shall, upon final acceptance, be free from technical or typographical errors 90% of the time.
- Three (3) years’ experience as a primary classroom instructor.
- Seven (7) years of field or operational experience working for DHS, DOD or other agency that deploys the Incident Command System with preference to applicants who have operated under the National Incident Management System/Incident Command System (ICS) within the USCG or another Department of Homeland Security (DHS) entity.
- Experience in emergency response to all-risk/all-hazard missions, related to the USCG, DHS, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Department of Defense, Environmental Protection Agency, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and all supporting federal, state, and local agencies operating under the National Response Framework.
- Must possess practical knowledge of regional and port level committees including Regional Response Teams, Regional Interagency Steering Committees, Area Maritime Security Committee, Area Committee, Port Readiness Committee, and Harbor Safety Committee.
- Must possess practical knowledge of USCG regulatory authorities: SAR Mission Coordinator, Captain of the Port, Federal On-Scene Coordinator, and Federal Maritime Security Coordinator.
- Must possess practical knowledge in the application of USCG and DHS response policy and guidance related to environmental and disaster response management.
- Ability to prepare for and deliver technical ICS course material as prescribed in the Instructor Guide, including content, sequence, timing, audiovisual presentation, and instructional methodology in a traditional classroom setting.
- Ability to manage team dynamics; identify, assess, and minimize limitations to course success. •
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and implement training schedule with numerous adjunct instructors and host unit contacts.
- Ability to maintain effective communication and working relationships with host contacts, adjunct instructors, and schoolhouse.
- Must be able to travel.
- No Security Clearance required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- STD/LTD Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Contingency Preparedness and Response Management School Instructor (USCG) (Yorktown, VA) ]