BETAH Associates Inc
Location: Hybrid Work (Remote / onsite in Washington, DC)
Provides pre-meeting, on-site, and/or post-meeting planning, logistical, administrative, and other support services for conferences, meetings, and other events. Specific responsibilities will vary according to individual assignments.
The following essential meeting planning and implementation responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Manages all logistical requirements for event-related tasks issues by federal agency COR or designee
– Develops, manages budgets
– Monitors price justifications, accounts payable/receivable
– Approves vendor invoices
– Conducts site selection, negotiates contracts
– Develops meeting materials, provides quality assurance on materials
– Assist with design of exhibit booths, manages all aspects of exhibit booths
– Arranges delivery of materials to meeting locations.
– Provides on-site support locally and travels to support meetings at remote locations as needed
– Organizes optimal staffing for programs
– Supervises on-site logistical support
– Arranges for one’s own travel through BETAH’s travel agency
– Arrange travel and lodging for supported participants
– Finalizes any additional post-meeting tasks
– Recommends innovations for efficiency
– Promotes cooperation among team members, clients, vendors
– Participates in federal agency conference staff meetings and BETAH staff meetings
– Keeps BETAH supervisor apprised of major activities and status of client relationship
– Meets with BETAH supervisor as requested
– Checks BETAH email account at a minimum of once weekly
– Adheres to the federal agency policies plus federal travel and acquisition regulations
– Remains familiar with and adheres to BETAH corporate policies
– Other duties as assigned
– To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
– Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
– Ability to work independently, as a self-starter, and within short timeframes.
– Ability to work as part of a team.
– Attention to detail including deadlines and quality control.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills to include proofreading and editing proficiency.
– Ability to develop budgets and spreadsheets.
– Good computer skills in a Windows environment (MS Office – Word, Excel).
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree, Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) or Certified Government Meeting Professional (CGMP) and 5 years of experience in event services
– Must maintain meeting professional certification.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Conference Manager (Hybrid) ]