7 Wellington Road, Lincoln, RI, USA
Greystone of Lincoln
Tends metal fabricating screw machines and conventional turn machines such as Hydromat, Acme, Tornos, Schutte, Royal Master Grinding and Index multi-spindle machines and associated support equipment such as tool grinders, presses, leak testers, coiners, and inspection equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 8 hr shift during which activities require the operator to be in the standing position 80% of the time period.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, template or manufacturing data sheets.
- Reads and understands all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for equipment.
- Works with safety features in place at all times.
- Reads and understands all gauging procedures/requirements for jobs being manufactured.
- Pushes button(s) or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation and quality of output.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, tool sharpening, or work piece replacement.
- Removes chips and bar ends from machine while push a cart weighting 50+ lbs.
- Adds oil to machine using pump truck and/or 5 gallon pails.
- Loads machine with 12ft bar stock several times per shift per machine, while running a minimum of 2 machines; standard is 3 machines.
- Sets up machine, stacks, marks, packs and transports finished work pieces (10-15lbs).
- Additional duties as required.
Education / Experience / Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three months job training; safety training in proper handling of equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Sitting – Yes
Lifting – 10-20 lbs.
Grasping – Yes
Crawling – No
Standing – 80%
Pulling – 25 – 150 lbs.
Reaching – Yes
Climbing – No
Pushing – 25 – 150 lbs.
Stooping – Yes
Hand Use- bilateral
Walking – Yes
Carrying – Up to 25 lbs.
Crouching – Yes
Foot Use – bilateral
Noise conditions: Up to 90 decibels.
Heat: Between 70 and 95.
Cold: Between 50 and 70.
Atmospheric Exposures: (dust, fumes, vapors, mists, etc.): Constant petroleum oil mist.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [CNC Machine Operator ]