Middletown, CT, USA
Operates computer numerical control (CNC) lathes to transform metallic, aluminum, and casting parts to close tolerances under minimal supervision with keen attention to detail.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Operate various CNC lathes or other equipment as schedule dictates.
- Check and replenish necessary fluids used in the CNC lathe area.
- Properly recognize and correctly log into job orders.
- Properly load and cycle CNC lathes.
- Follow Inspection frequencies and standards.
- Use various Inspection tools such as micrometers and calipers.
- Accurately document Inspection results throughout designated shift.
- Recognize and react to any tooling or machine issues.
- Communicate any issues during shift change.
- 1-3 years previous work experience on CNC lathes.
- Ability to operate CNC lathes.
- Working knowledge of blue prints, gages, drawings.
- Good mechanical aptitude and use of hand tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or trade school attendance.
- Good general computer skills.
- Good basic math skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
This position does require Safety Glasses for personal protective equipment. MUST CHECK AND USE POSTED PPE FOR SPECIFIC TASK – POSTED IN JOB AREA
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position, Days and hours of work week are Monday through Thursday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30p.m. (1st shift) : 2:30pm – 1:00a.m (2nd shift). Willing to work Over-time as needed
This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. This position requires standing for extended periods of time.
No direct reports.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [CNC Lathe Machine Operator ]