Cloud Security Architect
Genworth is embarking on an ambitious cloud transformation journey and are looking to hire a Cloud Security Architect to play an important role in setting up the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) and the overall success of the transformation.
The Cloud Security Architect provides leadership regarding Cloud Architecture for both infrastructure and applications in the latest generation Public Cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP). The Cloud Security Architect is responsible for designing and implementing the security measures that protect a company’s data as it moves between its on-site servers and the cloud storage systems. The responsibilities include security of the cloud-based systems and data. You will work with the engineering, operations, and Security Office teams to design and implement security controls and processes that protect company data and meet compliance requirements. The ideal candidate will have experience with cloud security, network security, and security compliance.
The candidate for this role should be a big picture thinker and a highly skilled engineering leader, who is a problem-solver and has a deep passion for creating and building integrated solutions that combine technology with automation and governance to deliver value.
• Design and implement security measures needed to protect data and systems on public clouds against unauthorized access
• Act as a lead evangelist on security related subjects having to do with the Public Cloud, virtualization, container technologies, infrastructure transformation, networking, and/or data center operations
• Participate in working groups that tailor the company’s security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
• Translate security and technical requirements and policies into business requirements, and communicate security risks to different audiences ranging from business leaders to engineers
• Design technical solutions, which include creating prototypes and proofs of concept while maintaining a security mindset
• Participate in working groups of subject matter experts for definition and review of security standards, guidelines
• Consults with Cloud Architects and application development teams to determine cloud security requirements and for planning
• “Shift-Left” and work with SysOps and DevOps teams to define and architect the DevSecOps platform
• Work with architecture and engineering teams to create design patterns that ensure security is built into all aspects of the Cloud
• Provide design-time review and guidance to teams building and deploying new technology on and integrating with services provided by Public Cloud platforms
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum 10+ years’ experience or significant equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated technical expertise around infrastructure, system and application design using data, web, mobile, cloud, and open-source technologies.
• In-depth experience with Public Clouds solution, architecture, related technologies, and their interdependencies
• In-depth knowledge of cloud security architecture, including public, private, and hybrid models
• Experience with a variety of cloud security tools and platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
• Strong project management skills
• Highly experienced in the architecture and development of business solutions in Public Cloud, and ability to act as a thought leader in Cloud security for your existing organization
• Knowledge of potential risks involved in workload transitions from on-premises to cloud
• Experience evaluating, designing, implementing, optimizing, and documenting a comprehensive and extensive array of security technologies and processes
• Knowledge of enterprise application software (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting)
• Experience performing threat modelling and design reviews to evaluate the introduction of new technologies’ security implications and requirements
• Capacity to work in a team environment, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Capability to work independently with minimal direction; initiative and motivation to work alone
• Experience across various enterprise solutions/ technology stacks (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) and ability to provide guidance to diverse stakeholders and external vendors
• Understands the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations
• Deep understanding of cloud security aspects and tools and their integration with applications
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Ability to partner with engineers and summarize communication for executives
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and leadership skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements like FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA very desirable
• Be able to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives
• Familiarity with big data security solutions a plus
• CISSP, CISM, or equivalent certification a plus
• Experience with containerization technology, such as Docker and Kubernetes a plus
• Project management skills and experience preferred
• Knowledge of Open Security Architecture (OSA), Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), and Well Architected Frameworks
• We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
• We work on challenging and rewarding projects
• We give back to the communities where we live
• We offer competitive benefits including:
– Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
– Generous Choice Time Off your first full year
– 12 Paid Holidays
– 40 hours of volunteer time off
– 401K Account with matching contributions
– Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
– Paid Family Leave
– Child Care Subsidy Program
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a Fortune 500 holding company focused on empowering families to navigate the aging journey with confidence, now and in the future. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth provides guidance, products, and services that help people understand their caregiving options and fund their long-term care needs. Genworth is also the parent company of publicly traded Enact Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACT), a leading U.S. mortgage insurance provider. For more information on Genworth, please visit https://www.genworth.com/. From time to time Enact separately releases financial and other information about its operations. This information can be found at https://ir.enactmi.com/.
The mission of Genworth’s US Life business is to efficiently keep our promises to our customers and their families and to lead the industry forward to solve the nation’s long term care crisis.
We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.
At this time, Genworth will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Cloud Security Architect (Remote) ]