San Leandro, CA, USA
Trench Shoring Company
Trench Shoring Company is hiring Class A Drivers in our San Leandro, Branch location. We are willing to train, and help new drivers get crane certified (employer paid training). This is a great opportunity for a driver who is looking for a stable career, with consistent hours, overtime and benefits in a family run atmosphere.
This position is primarily responsible for driving a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of at least 80,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). The employee may be required to occasionally unload a truck.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver product and material goods in a safe and timely manner.
- Use an electronic driver log.
- Coordinate delivery schedules and uses the most time efficient routes.
- Interact professionally with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Perform daily safety inspections of the vehicle.
- Follow policies and procedures to ensure the job is done properly.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Local travel only – drivers will be home most every night.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required:
- Must possess a valid and clean commercial Class A Driver’s License issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Crane certification preferred, however if candidate is not certified at the time of employment, company will train for crane certified operations.
- Other skills required:
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience driving a flatbed truck & trailer combination.
- Must be familiar with semi-trailers and full trailers, air brake systems and be able to operate a thirteen-speed transmission.
- Mechanically inclined, be familiar with hydraulic equipment and have a construction background.
- Must have knowledge of local major and minor roadways and have the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems.
- Computer knowledge is desired.
To Apply: Click the below link and complete an applicationhttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=66261&clientkey=E67280F85B1F593D37D85907595979EA
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Class A Driver ]