515 2nd Ave SW, Minot, ND, USA
Minot, ND (population 48,000), The Magic City, located in north central North Dakota is the fourth largest city in the state and a regional hub. Minot has a growing economy fueled by energy and agriculture. Minot is home to Minot State University, The North Dakota State Fair, Norsk Hostfest, The Minot Symphony and numerous other cultural amenities. The City and region offer abundant outdoor recreation for all ages and interests. Minot has an active downtown with unique shops and restaurants. Minot has excellent schools. The community enjoys direct air service to Minneapolis-St. Paul, Denver, Las Vegas and Mesa. Minot is also close to Canada with cities like Winnipeg and Regina within a five-hour vehicle travel distance.
- The Minot Air Base is home to over 5,000 military members and over 5,000 dependents. It is the only Air Base in the country with a dual wing nuclear mission and is an important part of the regional economy.
- Minot has outstanding recreational amenities, which include the Roosevelt Park Zoo, numerous parks and over 100 miles of trails and six golf courses. Lake Sakakawea, one of the largest man-made reservoirs in the country is nearby and Lake Audubon and Lake Darling are also short drives from Minot.
- Minot is undertaking several major capital projects including a multi-year $1 billion dollar flood risk reduction program along the Mouse River and the $350 million Northwest Area Water Supply Project which will divert water from Lake Sakakawea to the City of Minot for Minot and the North Central region of North Dakota.
- Minot is also one of 13 cities to receive a National Disaster Resilience grant, which provides $74 million dollars to help the City foster economic and environmental resilience.
- Minot is governed by a Mayor and 6-Member City Council. The City Manager is appointed by the Mayor and City Council and is responsible for the oversight of all city operations, including 15 departments, 425 FTEs and a budget of $143 million for general operations.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy, business administration or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred. Candidates will ideally have five to seven years increasingly responsible executive level experience in an organization of similar size. Any equivalent or combination of experience may be considered.
Candidates must be highly collaborative, problem solving leaders with an approachable, team-oriented management style with excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience in strategic planning and financial management.
Starting salary is $140,000 – 170,000 +/- DOQ. Interested candidates should apply by September 25, 2020 with resume, cover letter and five professional references to: Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHRUSA. Apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com. The City of Minot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [City Manager – City of Minot, ND ]