The crew of USS Charleston (LCS-18) made a visit to its namesake city for Navy Week, March 11-17, to showcase the mission, capabilities and achievements of the Independence class littoral combat ship. Navy Week Charleston featured more than 80 community outreach events, giving the residents the opportunity to meet Sailors firsthand and get a look at what the U.S. Navy does globally. Navy Weeks raise awareness of the Navy, and reinforce its importance to the public for a national defense strategy.
Check the list for a Navy Week coming to a community near you.
– Miami, Fla., March 25-31
– Wilmington, N.C., April 1-7
– Puerto Rico, April 8-14
– Oklahoma City, Okla., May 27-June 2
– Nashville, Tenn., June 3-9
– Quad Cities, Iowa, June 24-30
– Duluth, Minn., July 15-21
– Grand Junction, Colo., July 22-28
– Boise, Idaho, Aug. 19-25
– St. Louis, Mo., Sept. 2-8
– Wichita, Kan., Sept. 9-15
– Charleston, W.V., Oct. 14-20