Harrisburg, PA, USA
Central PA Food Bank
Come Work for a Wonderful Non-Profit Company in Central Pennsylvania!
We are looking for an experienced full-time CDL Driver Class A to join the logistics team that offers food service to community members experiencing food insecurity. The CDL Driver Class A is responsible for making food deliveries to partner agencies, picking up donations from donors, following all Department of Transportation and Safety Rules and Regulations, and assisting in the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank (CPFB) warehouse as needed while supporting the operations of the CPFB. The typical work schedule is Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
Hunger disproportionately harms neighbors and communities that have been systemically marginalized. As we work toward a future where no one in central Pennsylvania lives with hunger, we must also work against racism and other systemic obstacles that prevent people from thriving. We will listen to and learn from members of historically under-represented groups. We will value their lived expertise and experiences as we shape our charitable food network to equitably meet the needs of our neighbors. We will ensure that our diverse community is reflected in our board of directors, management, staff, volunteers, partner organizations, and donors in a manner that upholds equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-term Disability & Long-term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
· Always operate in a “Safety First” manner.
· Maintain a professional relationship and a positive attitude with all donors, partner agencies, volunteers, and colleagues.
· Conduct pre- and post-trip truck inspections daily and report any safety or maintenance concerns immediately to the appropriate supervisor.
· Maintain the vehicles in a good operating condition and report any maintenance, accident or mechanical issues to the Transportation Supervisor and/or Lead Driver immediately and in their absence to the Director of Logistics.
· Complete daily fuel trip reports and turn in at the close of the month along with the mileage and reefer hour reports to the appropriate supervisor.
· Keep the truck and/or trailers clean and complete the monthly cleaning schedule as required.
· Adhere to the CPFB regulation of no smoking and no use of tobacco products in any CPFB vehicles.
· Adhere to the CPFB regulation of no mobile phone use while operating an organizational vehicle. If the CDL driver needs to use a mobile phone, they must pull off to a safe location to make or respond to requests, texts or emails unless an appropriate Bluetooth or similar device is being utilized for mobile calls.
· Load and unload vehicles as required.
· Follow the daily manifest; complete and turn in necessary paperwork as required.
· Keep in contact with the Director of Logistics, Transportation Supervisor and Lead Driver if they become detained outside the warehouse for any reason. Let Customer Service and Transportation Supervisor know their estimated time of arrival and what, if anything, they are returning with.
· Ability to deliver and pick up and unload items as assigned and abide by all weight restrictions of the various vehicles used for such purpose.
· Maintain proper fuel, DEF, and fluids as necessary to operate the vehicle safely.
· Operate all vehicles in a safe manner and in compliance with all Department of Transportation requirements, including maintaining appropriate load securement with each delivery and backhaul.
· Maintain water levels in their assigned electric jacks.
· Assist with special events and distributions of CPFB products.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, CPFB is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called into perform regular or emergent duties.
· This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position.
· Minimum of 5 years of driving experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Passionate about working for an organization that values and promotes equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging (EDIB). Willing to embrace the food bank’s EDIB journey.
· Passion for the CPFBs mission and core values.
· Ability to understand and work with the diverse dynamics of a non-profit as well as multi-cultural populations.
· Ability to work as part of a high-performance team and be a strong team player.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the Department of Transportation’s standards for commercial driving.
· Ability to read a map, follow GPS or instructions while navigating to various locations within the CPFB territory.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work well with many different personality types.
· Ability to be even temperament, does not fluster easily.
· Must be reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.
· Ability to adapt to change.
· Ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service, professional etiquette, and personal boundaries.
· Must be friendly, outgoing, positive attitude and comfortable speaking to people.
· Must have professional demeanor with the ability to work cooperatively across all levels of the organization.
· Must be detail oriented with the ability to work independently, plan, prioritize, take initiative, resolve problems, meet deadlines and multi-task.
· Ability to handle a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to attend departmental and all staff meetings as directed, staying informed of ongoing changes in department and overall organization.
· Knowledge of organization’s computer software and systems, including Microsoft Office Suite, department-specific software systems, telecommunications, and internet applications.
Physical Requirements or Licenses:
· A valid driver’s license with history of a good and safe driving record and Department of Transportation medical card with the proven ability to drive.
· Must have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) A Class A CDL permits you to operate any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more. It also allows you to haul a trailer that weighs more than 10,000 pounds.
· Must be able to maintain a Department of Transportation physical.
· Pre-employment drug screening and post-accident drug screening.
· Ability to drive in traffic, and throughout the community.
· Must be able to use an electric pallet jack and forklift and become certified if not currently.
· Conditions may include working outside in inclement weather, working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.
· Up to 2/3 of the time: walk, sit, squat, bend and twist, reach at various heights above and below shoulder level.
· Up to 1/2 of the time: push or pull; lift or carry large, heavy, awkward objects while maneuvering in a confined space, e.g., narrow aisles, high density storage areas, inside of a truck box, etc., ascend or descend flights of stairs; climb in or out of trucks, docks, and/or forklifts.
· Work inside freezers and coolers with a temperature of -10 °F to 38 °F.
· Must be able to routinely lift or move up to 60 pounds.
· The work environment is typically quiet.
The selected applicant will join a collaborative, values-driven, dynamic team that derives joy from the work and is passionate about resourcing the work to end hunger and its root causes.
The Food Bank’s work culture is progressive, forward-thinking, and equity minded. Staff have the opportunity to fully develop their potential in a variety of ways. As organizational leaders, in shaping programs and advocacy efforts and in working towards a future where no one should be hungry.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by August 25, 2023 to Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Department of Human Resources, 3908 Corey Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109, or email email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and seek to bring our values of equity, diversity, and inclusion to our hiring process. Beyond our commitment to non-discrimination, we encourage applications from applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our organization and who have lived experience of inequity.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [CDL Driver Class A (Harrisburg, PA, USA) ]