2610 Kilihau Street, Honolulu, HI, USA
Goodwill Industries Hawaii
Position Title: Cashier – GSA ServMart
Location: Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Oahu
Schedule: Full Time. Monday to Friday – 7AM to 3:30PM
Compensation: $12.29/hr with competitive benefits package
This is an AbilityOne contract position. Positions on a Federal AbilityOne contract require that most of the work hours be performed by employees with significant disabilities. Successful applicants must be able to provide evidence of how they satisfy this requirement. We welcome anyone to apply who feel they are qualified.
Job Summary: As a Cashier for ServMart, you will be responsible for processing sales transactions and providing customer service in the ServMart Retail Store locations. You will also be assisting customers with shopping and locating products and processing of their orders. Duties include cashiering, and providing excellent customer service to ensure contract requirements are achieved for successful service delivery.
Some of your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Represents Goodwill Contract Services in a professional manner at all times. Serves as a company ambassador and is able to explain the Goodwill mission in the community.
• Operate the cash register system in completing sales transactions according to all policies / procedures of the ServMart location. Required to accurately process payments, verify payment methods, and approvals thru established procedures.
• Follow all cashiering procedures as established by ServMart operating procedures and contract requirements, including register ring up, locking register draws, and opening / closing procedures.
• Smile, greet, welcome, thank, and assist all customers with their shopping needs and inquiries. Be attentive to customer needs at all times.
• Responsible to direct customer inquiries to appropriate vendors within the store for questions in relation to product, pricing, stock availability, or merchandise issues.
• Responsible to effectively communicate with onsite Government Management and Vendors within the store to handle inventory discrepancies or merchandise issues.
• Responsible to maintain a clean and organized work environment at all times.
• Be attentive and alert for potential shoplifters or vandals among the shoppers in the store. Alert store management of any incident or potential situations.
• Assist with other activities such as movement of merchandise within the facility.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience the shows potential to perform the essential duties of the position.
• Prior customer service experience and/or training not required but highly desirable
• Must have the ability to pass and maintain required contract security clearances for base installation access and use of government technology
• The employee must be able to occasionally lift to 25 pounds
All applicants must currently reside in the state of Hawaii and be available for an immediate in-person interview.
This is an AbilityOne contract position. Government guidelines require that 75% of the direct labor hours be performed by individuals with a documented disability. Successful applicants must be able to provide evidence of how they satisfy this requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Goodwill Hawaii our mission is simple, yet powerful, we help people with employment barriers reach their full potential and become self-sufficient. We are the third largest non-profit agency in Hawaii and our motivation is sustaining Hawaii’s community through the power of work. Last year we placed nearly 1,500 people into employment, resulting in $22 million in annual wages earned as a result of these job placements. Join the Goodwill Hawaii family and help strengthen our Hawaii community, one job at a time.
Goodwill Hawaii is committed to fully complying with all Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We also foster a drug-free work environment.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Cashier ]