Duluth, MN, USA
The College of St. Scholastica
Reporting to the Chief of Security, this position performs a variety of tasks that assure and enhance the safety of the campus community. Campus Safety operates twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week. Campus Safety Officers promote lawful behavior and protect the welfare of the campus community as a uniformed presence on campus.
This position primarily provides campus parking enforcement and covers 2 overnight shifts per week. The position will work Monday through Friday 36 hours/week fall/spring sessions and 16 hours per week summer session.
• Issues citations for parking and roadway violations during the academic session, providing efficient coverage of all campus locations.
• Provides fair and equal issuance of citations
• Closes parking lots and monitors compliance
• Responds to emergencies on campus
• Provides additional coverage, working other Campus Safety Officer shifts as needed
• Promotes a climate and culture of diversity and inclusion
Education and Experience:
Two years’ experience as a safety/security professional or civilian/military law enforcement officer OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
– Strong Interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a customer service orientation; working respectfully with diverse populations
– Ability to react calmly in emergency situations
– Excellent judgment, integrity, and dependability
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
• Valid driver’s license
• First Aid, CPR and AED certification within 3 months
• Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check
Benefits are provided.
For more information and to apply, visit https://www.csshrjobs.com/postings/10486. The College of St. Scholastica is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is rich in diversity, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Campus Safety Officer, Parking Enforcement and Overnight Shift ]