Charlotte, NC, USA
Corning is vital to progress – in the industries we help shape and in the world we share.
We invent life-changing technologies using materials science. Our scientific and manufacturing expertise, boundless curiosity, and commitment to purposeful invention place us at the center of the way the world interacts, works, learns, and lives.
Our sustained investment in research, development, and invention means we’re always ready to solve the toughest challenges alongside our customers.
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Business Supply Manager, OFC Role Purpose: Ensures that Corning Optical Fiber & Cable (OFC) division has a robust global supply base that is cost competitive, minimizes risk, optimizes inventory and complies with the Global Buying Policy. Collaborates with business leadership (manufacturing, development, supply chain and commercial) on development and execution of supply strategy, including sourcing, transportation, trade compliance and Global Supply Management (GSM) services. Leverages global spend across Corning businesses and optimizes GSM global resources within OFC to ensure best cost and performance for the business.
- Develops global supply strategy which includes contract manufacturing, direct and indirect material strategies, capital, and manufacturing sourcing requirements, along with delivering product to the customer on time, at the lowest total cost and highest value.
- Aligns long-term plans with cross functional partners (Development, Quality, Division Engineering, Finance, Commercial and Manufacturing)
- Serves as a facilitator between the division and the corporate Global Supply Management function. Leverages corporate resources and services to deliver value in the business.
- Participates as a member of the business(s) leadership team as well as the GSM function’s extended leadership team.
- Contribution metrics (Net price change, cost avoidance, value add)
- Contribution to Operating Margin (COM)
- Critical supplier performance and quality metrics
- Cross-Cultural Agility
- Developing Direct Reports
- Influencing Business:
- Financial Management
- Manufacturing Strategy Formation & Execution
Global Leadership competencies most pertinent to this role are:
- Champion Change and Flexibility
- Champion Global Growth
- Communicate and Engage
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical, Business or Supply Chain)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in manufacturing – operations, planning, quality, engineering, supply chain.
- Experience with procurement and supply chain processes and systems.
- Has worked globally (experience working in a global organization and managing people in a global business).
- Multi-lingual (English, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish)
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning Puts YOU First!
We are committed to supporting your health, financial, career development, and life goals as you grow professionally and personally to achieve your highest potential. All benefits begin as soon as you start your career at Corning.
- Our monetary peer-to-peer recognition program is tied to our Values and celebrates you and your colleagues’ contributions.
- Health and well-being benefits include medical, dental, vision, mental health/substance use, fitness, and disease management programs.
- Financial benefits include a 401(k) savings plan with company matching contributions and a 100% company-paid pension benefit that grows steadily throughout your career.
- Companywide bonus and attractive short- and long-term compensation programs are available based on your role and responsibilities.
- Professional development programs help you grow and achieve your career goals.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Business Supply Director (Charlotte, NC, USA) ]