1345 South 52nd Street, Tempe, AZ, USA
Responsible for performing various skilled and semi-skilled facility maintenance and repair tasks including but not limited to painting, lighting, outdoor upkeep, furniture move; set up meeting rooms/training rooms, mail room responsibilities and fire/life/safety systems; performing other duties as assigned.
- Perform proper maintenance and repair for the entire facility including but not limited to maintenance and repairs, painting, lighting, and fire/life/safety..
- Actively participate in safety programs and disaster preparedness to ensure a safe, clean, and organized environment.
- Order and maintain proper inventories of supplies such as lamps, ballasts, housekeeping supplies.
- Coordinate and communicate with supervisors and the Facility Manager to ensure all work is efficiently and correctly executed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One to three months related experience and/or training preferred.
- Previous office experience preferred.
- Maintenance experience required;
- Experience operating power tools, meters, and equipment necessary to execute assigned duties;
- Effective written and verbal skills;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Write routine reports and correspondence;
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume;
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form;
- Solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Regularly required to talk and hear;
- Frequently required to walk, climb, and balance;
- Occasionally required to stand, sit, and lift and/or move up to 50 lbs;
- Close vision required.
- Highly organized;
- Strong attention to detail;
- computer navigation and keyboarding skills;
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to external and internal customers on a consistent basis;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Building Maintenance Specialist, Admin. Services Dept., Part Time w/ Flexible Hours – MCCS – Tempe, AZ ]