Watertown, MA, USA
Do you want to work with the coolest crew in all of Broadcast Media? Well now you can with the Engineering Team at NESN! Are you experienced in live broadcast and ready to make a career move? This is the opportunity of a lifetime! Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
Reporting to the Assistant Chief Engineer, the Broadcast Maintenance Engineer II will be responsible for the successful maintenance, repair, design, installation, operation, documentation, and support of complex media communication systems, networks, uplink transmitters, antennas, etc. He/she will work as part of a collaborative Engineering team to include EIC duties and on-call duties.
- Identify and respond with a sense of urgency to problems of all broadcast related equipment, uplink transmitters, antennas, studio production equipment etc.
- Diagnose and repair all broadcast related equipment
- Maintain broadcast equipment, uplink transmitters, antennas etc.
- Proactively identify potential issues and develop and implement plans to address and resolve potential problems
- Work collaboratively with the IT/Operations/Production departments and be willing to assist other engineering team members on projects, trouble-shooting and repairing technical problems
- Participate in the implementation of hardware and software solutions that meet the technology and business needs of the various departments
- Assist in the planning , design, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include servers, network equipment and managed infrastructure technology and software applications
- Act as the Engineer in Charge of live events
- Be available on-call 24/7 on a rotating weekly basis
- Successfully complete other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or needed
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.