Remote (San Antonio, TX, USA)
TITLE: Controls Technician (TECH I)
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Operations Department
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Post the installation of assigned controls construction the controls technician (Tech I) is responsible for the checking out of all of the equipment in the relevant submittal for the assigned project. The work must be performed under the guidance of the project manager and must meet the requirements of the contract documents, company documentation standards and the project plan.
- Financial Performance: Install systems within estimated project plan hours. Send daily Performance/checkout reports to Project manager by close of business.
- Customer Satisfaction: Customer Satisfaction: Achieve a 97% customer satisfied and 75% very satisfied rating per the customer satisfaction survey to be conducted annually Have two or fewer warranty calls over the one-year warranty period. Meet expected schedules and deadlines as defined by the project plan and assigned by the PM. Capable of and accountable for assisting the PM during weekly meetings for the engineer and or customer at end of project.
- Software: Understand structure and function of Focus, iComm, Maxmon, Maxcon and associated Innotech software. Understand structure and function of Carrier programming and graphic software. Can set up ratio blocks and understands sequences. Work proficiently on versions of Windows.
- Systems and Hardware: Have the ability to set up and diagnose terminal units and AHUs CHW Plants, HW Plants, Lighting equipment and other mechanical equipment pertaining to project. Can troubleshoot components; i.e., valves and instruments end devices. Can install and checkout and troubleshoot control modules and end devices. Can calibrate actuator action for valves and dampers, end devices.
- Networks and Databases: Have the ability to do network startup on BACnet, MS/TP, Modbus and use network tools for troubleshooting.
- Timeliness: Arrive to job site no later than 6:50AM in preparation for work start no later than 7AM. Work with a sense of urgency and effort. Be reliable to management and co-workers.
- During the employee onboarding period for new hires you will be required to complete the new hiring training and skills checklist delivered by the PM.
- Attend and pass quarterly training activities relative to your job assignment.
- Professional Presentation: Ensure vehicle is clean and well maintained. Maintain a professional appearance and adhere to uniform standard. Ensure written and verbal communication is professional. Ensure installers have installed panels and followed Yates Company standards of installation.
- Documentation: Be timely with administrative documentation and conscientious with commissioning documentation. Ensure As-built documents are current and accurate and timely and that RMAs are timely and tagged. Maintains records of technical progress of projects.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Lead Technician
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
All of the below or a combination thereof:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Basic electrical knowledge a plus.
- HVAC knowledge a plus
- Mechanical systems knowledge
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Formal trade school a definite plus
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Understands quality of craftsmanship and customer satisfaction is highest priority.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [BAS Controls Technician ]