Baltimore, MD, USA
Temporary Job Opportunities: Assessment Administrators
We are seeking motivated individuals who are committed to excellence and have experience working in schools with students. Westat is recruiting for the 2022 National Assessment of Educational Progress, also known as NAEP or The Nation’s Report Card, for the National Center for Education Statistics – part of the U.S. Department of Education.
The position involves conducting assessment sessions with fourth- and eighth-grade students using touch-enabled tablets in participating schools across the country. You will work on a team of 2–4 people. This opportunity is ideal for retired educators.
Your duties will include the following:
- Administer assessment sessions using tablets in schools;
- Prepare the room and set up equipment;
- Check student attendance and read directions aloud to students;
- Monitor the assessment sessions using NAEP tablet;
- Answer student questions using prepared guidelines;
- Collect assessment materials when the assessment is complete;
- Ensure quality control is achieved; and
- Assist in packing assessment equipment.
Westat provides complete paid training, paid time and mileage reimbursement for local driving to and from schools, weekly paychecks with direct deposit, and opportunities for advancement based on performance.
Qualified applicants must
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be available to work 20 to 30 hours a week, during daytime hours, when work is available, from January 24 to March 4, 2022;
- Complete required components of training, including an online course to be completed independently, and attend a 1- to 2-day in-person meeting during January 2022.
- Be willing to complete background check requirements, including an FBI fingerprint check;
- Be willing and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds (which includes technical equipment), climb stairs while carrying equipment/materials if needed, and be able to move around assessment room in order to set up, break down, monitor activities and respond to student questions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Have regular and reliable access to telephone service with a long-distance calling feature, either landline or cellular;
- Have regular and reliable access to a high-speed internet connection (a tablet or laptop and mobile broadband device will be provided);
- Have reliable transportation (to ensure on-time arrival at the assigned schools);
- Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension; and
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
The following criteria are preferred:
- Prior experience working in an educational setting or working with students;
- Prior experience working in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Basic computer proficiency;
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and detail-oriented; and
- Willingness to travel overnight, if necessary.
This opportunity is a part-time, non-exempt position that is eligible for overtime. For more information, visit www.workNAEP.com and provide your name and email. We will contact you with a link to our online application when it is available.
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. Based on recommendations from the CDC and other public health authorities, we require staff to protect and monitor their health while working on their assignment. The use of personal protective equipment, regular testing for COVID-19, or other screening activities is required; getting vaccinated is strongly recommended and may be required in some locations.
The data collection window may be extended due to weather or other delays.
EOE, including disability/veterans
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Assessment Administrators ]