15601 FM 969, Austin, TX, USA
K9workingmind, Training by Tara LLC
K9 Workingmind, Training by Tara has a Kennel Staff Position available.
Do you love dogs & horses? Maybe you are looking for a career change or have volunteered at a shelter or rescue and have developed a passion to help dogs and owners? If so, I have a great opportunity for you! No experience is needed, I will train the right person.
We are seeking kennel staff that is passionate about the care and behavior of dogs. You will be caring for dogs, walking, assisting in training sessions and classes, cleaning kennels, bathing dogs, and checking in/out customers.
Animals must be cared for daily, therefore shift rotation is employed, hours can be irregular and you must be available to work weekends and holidays in order to be employed at our facility.
We start experienced kennel staff @ $10 per hour to start, with the option to intern with Training by Tara LLC and move up to dog trainer for the right person.
Our facility is all about keeping animals in a “workingmind”, so we work any dog that stays with us. This means that all of the dogs here are walked individually, have time to practice or learn commands, triebball, agility and/or tracking. While we are a working facility, we keep everyone in a calm state of mind with essential oils, music and even massage for the right dogs. Our kennel staff learns how to apply all of the above to every dog. Some Equine care may be required as well.
We are locally owned, not franchised or corporate; so each staff member must be able to be social, friendly, compassionate, and work as a team. This is not a competitive work environment; everyone at Training by Tara celebrates successes together.
• Cleans and disinfects areas occupied or used by animals, inside and outside.
• Exercise animals by using our working walk technique.
• Assisting in training sessions/classes when requested.
• Assists in the general maintenance of the facility as directed
• Feeds and waters the animals
• Bathes animals
• Some Equine care
• Treating all animals humanely, properly and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance and promoting a humane and caring attitude toward all animals
• Ensure that proper identification, personal items, and paperwork is placed on the animals’ kennel and training board.
• Must be clean and detail oriented
• May be required to work events off-site
• Additional duties may be required at the discretion of the Training by Tara.
Specific Job Skills and Physical Abilities:
• This work is performed in a kennel setting, which is often noisy. Some of the work may be physically demanding and unpleasant. Some duties may be very stressful. Employees may be exposed to injury, disease and/or infection from the animals they attend.
• Animals must be cared for daily, therefore shift rotation is employed, hours can be irregular and you must be available to work weekends and holidays
• Employee will be required to do lifting of up to 60 pounds
• Have good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to read and comprehend directions, labels and description/instructions
• Shifts are 4pm- 8:30pm with one split shift on Saturday 8am-12:30pm & 4pm-8:30pm. If these hours are not what you are looking for, please do not apply.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Valid Texas driver’s license with reliable transportation
Please email us at email@example.com to send your resume or receive an application.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Animal Care Worker in dog training facility (15601 FM 969, Austin, TX, USA) ]