860 Marietta Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
Lifeline Animal Project
Responsible for managing kennel operations. Supervise and train Kennel staff. Create Kennel policies and standard operating procedures. Ensure the humane care of all animals at the shelter. Provide care, enrichment, and comfort to animals. Oversee humane euthanasia of animals when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interview and hire new Animal Care Specialists
- Create weekly/monthly staff schedules
- Ensures compliance of Department of Agriculture guidelines and regulations
- Oversee, schedule, assign and review the daily work activities of the animal care staff
- Perform annual employee reviews. Discipline and coach employees when needed
- Define, train, enforce kennel policies and procedures
- Oversee daily intake of animals
- Oversee a daily kennel inventory of the animals housed in the facility
- Oversee the general cleanliness and sanitation of the shelter
- Instruct animal care staff in proper handling techniques of animals
- Coordinate scheduling of training classes for animal care and handling for all kennel staff
- Ensure proper humane techniques are followed
- Order and maintain supplies and materials needed in the kennel
- Ensure daily enrichment as prescribed by the behavior team
- Ensure animals are being properly medicated/monitor medical packets
- Oversee feed and feeding charts for all animals.
- Maintain kennel records in the Chameleon software system
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of general animal care principles and practices.
- Five plus years supervisory experience in an animal shelter, rescue kennel, or veterinary practice.
- Experience creating and implementing kennel policies.
- Ability to stand for extended periods (8 hours a day) and to bend and reach to perform assigned work activities.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to interact with impounded dogs, cats and other animals including vicious, stray, sick or injured animals. Ability to handle seeing and dealing with animals that have been abused, neglected or treated cruelly.
- Ability to understand and follow a variety of oral and written instructions/procedures.
- Ability to learn animal management software system and accurately enter information into the software system.
- Ability to handle performing or assisting with euthanasia.
- Must be available to work on weekends.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Five+ years experience in animal related field preferred.
Must be able to read and interpret kennel policy guidelines and policies and procedures. Must be able to communicate effectively to kennel visitors and provide good customer services skills.
Must have the ability to implement life-saving and enrichment programs to ensure positive outcomes for animal residents.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification in euthanasia or ability to become certified.
Driver’s license required.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Animal Care Manager ]