Remote (Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG), Terminal Drive, Hebron, KY, USA)
ACTS Airport Services
ACTS Airport Services is a part of ICTS Europe, a global aviation security solutions organization with over 16,000 aviation security professionals operating in 23 countries. ACTS specializes in the provision of aviation security and customer experience solutions and is one of the leading providers of aviation security and customer experience services in the United States.
Aviation security programs are an integral part of ensuring our nation’s air transportation network is secured. ACTS’ aviation security teams are committed to delivering our mission “to be the most trusted aviation security provider in the United States” and are responsible for the safety and security of the airports they protect.
The Supervisory Team reports to the Contract Manager and is responsible for the oversight, supervision, direction and support of the front-line security guard team. Supervisors are responsible for proactively supporting the contract to ensure effective and efficient operations and deliver service excellence through the daily leadership and supervision of their team. This is attained through oversight of the daily work, adjusting priorities and resource allocations as necessary and ensuring the team’s adherence to established performance standards and protocols. Supervisors are also responsible for assisting the Contract Manager with staffing and scheduling.
Dedicated Supervisors are on site during operational hours and will be responsible for the supervision, monitoring and coordination of all individuals and activities within under their supervision and for responding to and addressing any problems or issues experienced during their shift.
- Provides daily direction and communication to security guards; schedules and controls resources and work arrangements to ensure an efficient and effective operation within established service level performance and quality standards;
- Guides, coordinates and controls the activities and work practices of their team to ensure maximum performance and efficiency. Responsible for applying policies and procedures, evaluating the quality of work, organizing team, maintaining work standards and for identifying and resolving service issues;
- Continually monitors and evaluates the operation and coordinates the adjustment of resources or employee assignments to address changing/fluctuating demands and ensure a successful “Day of” operation.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all post orders/standard operating procedures as outlined in the customer contract.
- Conduct inspections of designated posts as per schedule and provide documentation required by Contract Manager.
- Provide site-specific training to new security guards utilizing an approved training plan and the operational procedures.
- Ensures all systems, tools/equipment and supplies needed by security team are available and in good working condition; Inspect, report problems & help maintain/deliver equipment (radios, cell phones, uniforms, vehicles);
- Transport security guards to post when necessary
- Assist with patrolling airport property and serving as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the facility, client or employees.
- Report all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies.
- Respond to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats; and to alarms, such as fire and intrusion.
- Assists in the provision of Emergency/IRROP response activities as required;
- Supports and assists Administrative Manager by:
- Preparation of Daily Shift Reports as well as incident/event occurrence reports;
- Coordinating daily work/activity plans and making required adjustments
AREAS OF PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT:
- Trains, coaches, develops and supports direct reports and front-line staff
- Provides effective and inspiring leadership, that creates a shared vision and works cross-organizationally to achieve exceptional customer service and operational excellence every day;
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive working level knowledge of operations relative to regulations and customer requirements related to the delivery of security services
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge and awareness of airport activities, initiatives and services
- Critical thinker with an improvement mindset and a bias for action
- Knows and understand the business from a “Day of” perspective
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve processes and procedures
Customer Service/Public Relations
- High degree of proficiency with respect to customer service
- Establishes trust, respect and credibility within the airport community
Conduct & Preparedness
- Delivers on commitments and demonstrates a high level of integrity in all aspects of job performance
- Proactive anticipates and responds to customer needs
- Role Model – exhibits a professional, courteous and positive manner at all times
- Adaptable adjusts quickly to changing scenarios
- Prioritizes when faced with multiple demands/changes simultaneously
- Exhibits an understanding of and delivers the company and client behavior and values
- Continually looks for learning opportunities in every-day activities
- Consistently accomplishes goals, delivers results and meets/exceeds expectations.
- Monitors and maintains operations and proactively addresses issues and changing priorities to ensure a successful “Day of” operation
- Works with a sense of urgency
Communication and Compliance
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates strong public relations/customer service skills
- Complies with preparation of all required reports
- Communicates instructions and operational information to front line staff
- Complies with all company/client policies as well as Government Regulations/Standards compliance with all company and client policies
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Able to provide proof of ability to work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record necessary for some positions
- Must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment as administered by the Transportation Security Administration;
- Must be able to pass a Criminal History Record Check as required by the Transportation Security Administration
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Aviation Security Guards
- Able to work a rotating shift schedule, including nights, weekends and statutory holidays
Skills, Abilities and Personal Suitability
- Superior communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and conflict resolution skills with an unrelenting commitment and passion to customer service excellence
- Excellent team leader and team player with ability to motivate, coach/mentor, engage and train employees
- Competent in basic computer skills in MS Office applications Email, MS Word
- Technically adept at using technology and experienced in working with automated processes
- Highly organized, resourceful, results driven, detail oriented
- Thrives in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative environment
- Adaptable/flexible with the ability to work under constraints/pressure and quickly respond to changing/fluctuating priorities through-out the day
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, negotiate, influence and collaborate
- Strong time management, problem solving and decision making skills combined with a sense of urgency to deliver operational and customer service excellence
- Innovative and continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrates a high level of honesty and integrity and exhibits a professional, positive and courteous manner at all times.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Security Mindset – take pride in keeping the skies safe and the flights secure
- Trust – keeping promises and speaking the truth.
- Customer Focused – the willingness to listen and the duty to act – promptly and appropriately.
- Team Spirit – integrity, experience, collaboration and open communication.
- Innovation – creativity, seeking new ideas, continuous improvement though anticipating change and adapting to it.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Airport Security Supervisor ]