San Diego, CA, USA
San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego International is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you’re looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Aircraft Noise Team is looking for a self-directed individual with demonstrated analytical and interpersonal skills in an Aircraft Noise Specialist role. Enjoy a flexible telecommuting schedule as practiced by the work unit as you monitor and enforce aircraft noise regulations and:
- Research, document, and respond to noise complaints; communicate with community groups, public officials and the public on aircraft noise and addresses community aircraft noise issues.
- Monitor and document aircraft noise through the set up and maintenance of remote noise monitors (RMTs), portable noise monitors, and management of Airport Noise and Operations Monitoring System (ANOMS).
- Coordinate meetings and serve as secondary liaison to the Curfew Violation Review Panel and Airport Noise Advisory Committee; represent the San Diego Airport Authority and deliver presentations; remain current on industry and regulatory trends.
- Analyze, document, and present data for the quarterly Fly Quiet report; analyze and compile data required of the State Mandated Title 21 quarterly noise report.
- Critical Evaluation. Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternative solutions, identification of trends and formulation of recommendations, responds to complex situations and trends and identify an optimal solution; listens and clarifies information as needed.
- Relationship Management. Ability to provide information at all levels of the organization and community; establish trust, credibility, and respect, as an advocate for organizational business objectives.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills. Effectively exchange information with a variety of audiences/stakeholders through various avenues, including but not limited to verbal, written, facilitation, and persuasion.
- Attention to Detail. Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Agility. Readily adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
Experience & Education:
- Graduation from college or university with a degree.
- Two years of experience in data collection and public communication.
- Knowledge of aircraft flight characteristics and aircraft operations. Experience must have been obtained within the last ten years.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience.
Depending on experience and qualifications, the hiring range is $53,000 – $67,000.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Aircraft Noise Specialist (San Diego, CA, USA) ]