Glen Burnie, MD, USA
Elevate Recovery Center
Working under general supervision is responsible for performing a full range of Addiction Counseling duties by providing counseling, intervention, treatment, and rehabilitation. Duties include the day-to-day development, implementation, and maintenance of treatment planning, maintenance of accurate documentation of client’s participation and progress during treatment in accordance with all regulatory agency standards. Assist with intake process as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate clients to determine whether they are appropriate for treatment at ERC.
- Prepares comprehensive assessment of new clients with substance abuse disorders, in order to gather and interpret information necessary for planning treatment and evaluating client progress.
- Develops, facilitates, and documents group and individual therapy sessions
- Maintains records documenting client’s progress in treatment, treatment plans, care plans, SAMIS, and discharge plans in accordance with all regulatory agency standards.
- Initiates and performs follow-up of referrals to facilitate the client’s use of available support and community resources, in response to needs identified in the clinical evaluation.
- Complies with federal and state regulations on privacy, confidentiality, and client rights.
- Adheres to accepted ethical and behavioral standards of conduct, and attends training to maintain and/or advance credentialing.
- Performs all duties and tasks in a timely manner and/or in the timeframe specified by the Clinical Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of established diagnostic criteria for substance abuse disorders (DSM-IV, and ASAM PPC-II), drug abuse treatment modalities and therapeutic intervention techniques.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, and agency regulations policies and procedures
- Knowledge of support systems and community resources available to clients and their significant others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of medical terminology as related to substance abuse and dependence
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and ethical therapeutic relationships with individuals and groups
- Ability to accurately document information and complete reports and clinical records in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Current certification in good standing as a Substance Abuse Counselor (CAC-AD) from the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Addictions Counselors ]