Hybrid (Richmond, VA, USA)
At Genworth, we empower families to navigate the aging journey with confidence. We are compassionate, experienced allies for those navigating care with guidance, products, and services that meet families where they are. Further, we are the spouses, children, siblings, friends, and neighbors of those that need care—and we bring those experiences with us to work in serving our millions of policyholders each day.
We apply that same compassion and empathy as we work with each other and our local communities. Genworth values all perspectives, characteristics, and experiences so that employees can bring their full, authentic selves to work to help each other and our company succeed. We celebrate our diversity and understand that being intentional about inclusion is the only way to create a sense of belonging for all associates. We also invest in the vitality of our local communities through grants from the Genworth Foundation, event sponsorships, and employee volunteerism.
Our four values guide our strategy, our decisions, and our interactions:
- Make it human. We care about the people that make up our customers, colleagues, and communities.
- Make it about others. We do what’s best for our customers and collaborate to drive progress.
- Make it happen. We work with intention toward a common purpose and forge ways forward together.
- Make it better. We create fulfilling purpose-driven careers by learning from the world and each other.
This position is available to Virginia residents as Richmond, Virginia in-office applicants with a hybrid work schedule.
As a Finance team member, you’ll play a key role in supporting the financial strength and flexibility that enables us to be there when our policyholders need us – now and in the future.
You will be responsible for the preparation and review of accounting processes to ensure that the company appropriately records accounting entries and reports accounting results in accordance with US GAAP, US Statutory, and US Tax regulations. Responsibilities will include management and review of system outputs from the accounting platform, review of account reconciliations, and execution of defined accounting processes.
What you will be doing
- Evaluate system outputs to ensure appropriate accounting treatment for all Fixed Income assets across multiple accounting basis
- Research and review of accounting guidance to assess existing processes – identifying potential efficiencies and/or gaps in current business processes
- Handle preparation of assigned accounting tasks (e.g., quarterly FAS 91, monthly pricing analytics)
- Thorough review and assessment of current workflows and identification of opportunities for improvement
- Support the Company’s strategic initiatives such as sale initiatives and purchase accounting matters
- Assist in the coordination of audit deliverables
- Cross-train and develop future employees to enhance their professional development and enrich the work environment
- Handle other duties as assigned
What you bring
- BS or BA in accounting
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including desktop and general ledger software
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse work group
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to research technical accounting literature and form decisive conclusions
- At this time, Genworth will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Employee Benefits & Well-Being
Genworth employees make a difference in people’s lives every day. We’re committed to making a difference in our employees’ lives.
- Competitive Compensation & Total Rewards Incentives
- Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage
- Multiple 401(k) Savings Plan Options
- Auto Enrollment in Employer-Directed Retirement Account Feature (100% employer-funded!)
- Generous Paid Time Off – Including 12 Paid Holidays, Volunteer Time Off and Paid Family Leave
- Disability, Life, and Long Term Care Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment and Training & Certification Support
- Wellness support including gym membership reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program resources (work/life support, financial & legal management)
- Caregiver and Mental Health Support Services
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Accounting Manager (Hybrid (Richmond, VA, USA)) ]